Hood release not working 2000 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #1

Region: Kansas
Hood release not working 2000 V6

I have a small hole in my radiator and have been topping off the coolant for the past couple of weeks. All of the sudden I can't get the hood to pop..... so now what?? I can't go another day without checking the coolant or I'm afraid it will overheat on me..... again...... and there I will be on the side of the road still trying to open the hood....
kccurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Can you get to the hood latch through the grille our from underneath the car to manually release it?
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #3

That's what I was thinking, but not real positive on how it works.... I mean I'm pretty sure I could find it. Also wondering if anybody else has had the same problem and what the issue is. Loose cable is my guess. Sprayed a little WD40 on it through the grille with no results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Road Trip!

If its like the one on my 93 the cable pulls an arm to release the hood, my cable was messing up so I put hood pins on and remover the latch,I'll try to take a pic of my latch assembly tomorrow, good luck!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think I have somewhat the same problem. I opened up my hood one day and when I pulled the latch I heard a breaking noise. I opened my hood. Closed it and then I pulled the late again and it wouldn't pop the lock. I just played around with the latch and I put it back into place. Now I have to do that everytime I pop the hood. Maybe it just broke off from the bracket holding it in place like mine hopefully. Just play with it and see what happens. Hope this helps
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

Thanks guys. We'll see what I can accomplish in the morning!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #7

So, as I began to mess with the mechanism from underneath the car, I began to think about how I had washed away some antifreeze with the garden hose a couple times and maybe the latch got a little dried out..... hit it with the WD40 from underneath there where I was looking and pulled the lever inside the cab a couple times and POP! It opened. So I doused it some more and topped off the radiator again.... it took about a third of a bottle. Glad I figured that one out!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccurtis
So, as I began to mess with the mechanism from underneath the car, I began to think about how I had washed away some antifreeze with the garden hose a couple times and maybe the latch got a little dried out..... hit it with the WD40 from underneath there where I was looking and pulled the lever inside the cab a couple times and POP! It opened. So I doused it some more and topped off the radiator again.... it took about a third of a bottle. Glad I figured that one out!!!
Glad it was something simple!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang