Mustang Evolution Forum banner

heads and intakes?

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  tigerfan2771 
#1 ·
im just wondering if you guys think it would be worth it for me to do ported upper/ lower intakes and some big valve cylinder heads? i dont want to do a cam just yet. what kind of power could i see with just the heads and intakes?

#7 ·
I was just going to suggest getting a different level cam that wouldn't make the car all lopey. You would have to discuss it with a cam shop and let them know what you are doing...and they will be able to do a nice custom grind for not overly too much.

But yeah, not all cams make cars sound cammed....I'm not sure what a heavily cammed V6 sounds like though...so I can't say for sure. But a mild cam won't change the sound much in any motor and still let you benefit from the valves.

#8 ·
alright. and.....would you......maybe be able to..........help me install that cam as well? sorry to burden you with all this but i have been wanting to do a h/c/i swap ever since i got the car!!! that would be awesome if you could. and i have no problem giving you money to help me. like i said i dont have much experience, but im willing to do everything i can.

#15 ·
hey just wondering what you guys think about this cam to go with the bv heads:

RPM-Mustangs 210/214 .548 cam. also only on the car for about 2 months
i have brand new valve springs with this (1 of the originals snapped and so i upgraded to better springs)
and i also have the pushrods to work with these
$250+shipping OBO
*ON THE CAM, IT IS A REGRIND SO YOU WILL NEED TO PUT THE SPACER ON (FROM YOUR STOCK CAM)*
everything is off the car, but still at the shop where im doing the work. ill have pictures asap. with this setup+full bolt ons i made 227rwhp/227rwtq

#18 ·
my goal for this car right now is to get about 230-240rwhp. i have most of the bolt-ons. how much more would it benefit me to go with the big valve heads over just ported heads? because i can get ported heads, intakes, throttle body, and a gasket kit for $600+shipping. here is the link:

Ported/Polished Complete Split Port Set w/ Gaskets ($600 + Shipping)

now pair that with the right cam and some roller rockers, would it be possible for me to see 230-240rwhp?

#21 ·
I'm not up on where different mods get you in a V6...however many here are...so I'll let them handle it. I don't know if the stock bore 3.8 can get to 230 rwhp without a power adder. It probably can, and it probably takes that setup and a cam to do it.

#24 ·
What would get him there? I would love to help him out here but I'm clueless when it comes to the 6's and their mods.

Can it be done without a power adder?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.