MAC longtubes vs Pacesetter LTs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
MAC longtubes vs Pacesetter LTs

hey whats up, car in question is an 01 Mustang V6. Built top n bottom end, p n p'ed, all the bolt ons, and a Procharger P1SC w/3.2" pully. So, now we have that outta the way.....

I have a set of BBK shorties, am looking to go to longtubes, but am curious as to know which of the two would be the better buy. I've heard some pros and cons with the pacesetters and haven't heard anything yay or nay with the MACs. Would like to hear from you guys that have them, what can you tell me about them.

Fitment, easy or complication of install, power gains, etc.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
My fitment with the pacesetters is pretty good, aside from the drivers side header hangs down about 1/2" lower than the other side, you'll have to lift motor up ~1.5-2" to get the passenger side in but that's an easy fix if you have a good jack.

With a blower the long tubes will help more so than a stock motor but it won't be noticeable much honestly, may see about 8-10 on the dyno

If you don't mind me asking, what heads intakes and cam are you running?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

sup man, stock intake, but I've p n p'ed them, both intakes and heads. Cam, I'm running a Comp Cam Blower ground cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
sup man, stock intake, but I've p n p'ed them, both intakes and heads. Cam, I'm running a Comp Cam Blower ground cam.
Look into a Windstar upper intake swap, it'll help very noticeably throughout the power band, and works great with boost, so how aggressive did you get with porting the heads and lower intakes, still stock valves? Sorry for getting off thread subject, just curious when I see another modified sixer haha

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'll see what I can come up with. I saw one in person at nationals couple wks ago. Hows my setup gonna work with a windstar intake? By no means opposed, very intrigued, just curious to know its gonna work with my super.
I wasn't goin for professional or what not, just had a sh*t ton of time, a drimel, a bunch of rocks, and went to town. before I went there, I placed the gasket over the intake and heads and outlined the gasket on the intake and heads and ground out the gap.
yes, OE valves, though, comp cam rocker assy.
No man, you're cool, I sh*t a chicken when I find another V6 guy either on here or on the street. Matter in fact there were a few of us at nationals. Me, an S197, SN95, and another new edge. We all had different levels of mod but all weren't stock. Was really glad to meet them and shoot the sh*t with them. I'm eating this V6 jazz up too.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
I'll see what I can come up with. I saw one in person at nationals couple wks ago. Hows my setup gonna work with a windstar intake? By no means opposed, very intrigued, just curious to know its gonna work with my super.
I wasn't goin for professional or what not, just had a sh*t ton of time, a drimel, a bunch of rocks, and went to town. before I went there, I placed the gasket over the intake and heads and outlined the gasket on the intake and heads and ground out the gap.
yes, OE valves, though, comp cam rocker assy.
No man, you're cool, I sh*t a chicken when I find another V6 guy either on here or on the street. Matter in fact there were a few of us at nationals. Me, an S197, SN95, and another new edge. We all had different levels of mod but all weren't stock. Was really glad to meet them and shoot the sh*t with them. I'm eating this V6 jazz up too.
You will be required to rework your intake piping on the supercharger, find good boost clamps and thick rubber couplers like you have now on a few places and run some new around or have a custom thing welded up where need be, ah ok so a little more extensive than gasket match porting, that'll be decent flow if you really want some high flowing for boost I know a man who does great work for a decent price
Glad to hear we're on the same page here then lol I'm gonna try to come to the nmra's next summer up there

blower/new cam soon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang