H pipe? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Certified legit smog shops n cali will not touch ur cats unless u have over 100,000 miles on odometer. Its the law..im goin flomaster 10s and h pipe eventually, and shorty headers will definately give u an awesome sound, no matter what mufflers u have
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

This is a video of my old V6... Pacesetter LT's, O/R h pipe, Flowmaster 40's...

I sold the car a couple months ago... (no need for it since I own a Chevelle AND a Cobra)... and the new owner put on High Flow Cats... really sounds the same after high flow cats!
*72 C10, 350, Auto, (my Daily Driver)
bmabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I can't buy an off road pipe, all my exhaust is welded together and I doubt a exhaust shop would weld in an off road pipe
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone in Cali that has a loud/deep exhaust set up on their sixxer and is legal I would love to hear! Trust me if I loved in any other state, it would be catless h pipe with long tube headers but I would like to my worry about the nazi smog police in Cali
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
i have divorced dual flowmaster 40s with stock cats and i want it to be louder but still stay legal cause california smog laws suck! would adding an H pipe make it louder or just deeper or reduce the noise? i want it to be louder cause whenever a GT with an exhaust pulls next to me, i get extremely jealous and DONT TELL ME TO BUY A GT OR V8! im already looking around but dont have the cash.
I have long tube headers running to high flow cats, some 2 1/2" piping and magnaflow mufflers/tips. People. Swear. I. Have. A. V8. And the performance increase was pretty nice also. The h is not needed, just go with divorced duals it is cheaper and sounds better.
Find a performance shop, and they will do your cats. Most aftermarket cats come with a disclaimer that the shop can sign which says they are replacing your cats due to malfunction (which is the exception to the 100k mile rule, which is 50k miles in VA actually). There is no way to prove they are lying, because there is no law saying they must hold on to the old "malfunctioning" cats. High flow cats are not illegal, no matter how loud your exhaust is.
Jlope014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang