V6-V8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
V6-V8

Ok so i know this is a very common swap and asked alot but im going to ask anyway because i cant find any info on it so what does it take to do a carbed 302 swap into my 98 v6 ive wanted to do this but havnt been able to find info on it so someone bite please
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Bump
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 274
I don't think you would do anything different from an e.f.i swap just follow any 5.0 swap write up and if you can't find anything you didn't look hard enough.
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
here's my buddies 351w swap in his sixxer...may help

The Official Home of the Tennessee Mustang Club
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
I don't think you would do anything different from an e.f.i swap just follow any 5.0 swap write up and if you can't find anything you didn't look hard enough.
Thats the problem... I cant find any write ups because people confuse me when they start arguing over of you need a different crossmember...
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

Thats the problem... I cant find any write ups because people confuse me when they start arguing over of you need a different crossmember...
You do need a different cross member , in fact to swap a 302 or 5.0 into your car you would need a 94-95 donor car , you would need ecu wiring harness etc..., if you wanted to do a 302 carbed engine swap you would need the cross member from a 94-95 but you will never pass emissions because they use the obd port to see if the car is up to snuff , it would be cheaper to get a 4.6 from a 99-04 or any 4.6 block for that matter
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
LaseRedXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 51
Hey, bud. I was in the same situation as you were a while ago. Here I am with an auto v6, wanted a v8.
I spent a good 3,000 on parts so far, and I'm no where near finished.
Honestly, the swap isn't worth it. You'd be better buying a GT.

But the general list of things you'd need are the engine, a carb, intake, distributor.
You'd need the 94-95 K member or one out of a fox.
If you are going with a 5 speed, you need a T5 out of a 94-95, and an 11.5 flywheel, I believe. The foxbody T5 can work, but requires modding.
You'll have to modify your wiring harness a ton.
You'll want an 8.8 rear.

And I think that's about it? Oh, your gauge cluster won't work, either. I think you'll need mechanical gauges.
LaseRedXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

You do need a different cross member , in fact to swap a 302 or 5.0 into your car you would need a 94-95 donor car , you would need ecu wiring harness etc..., if you wanted to do a 302 carbed engine swap you would need the cross member from a 94-95 but you will never pass emissions because they use the obd port to see if the car is up to snuff , it would be cheaper to get a 4.6 from a 99-04 or any 4.6 block for that matter
We dont have emmisision testing...... At least i dont
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaseRedXD
Hey, bud. I was in the same situation as you were a while ago. Here I am with an auto v6, wanted a v8.
I spent a good 3,000 on parts so far, and I'm no where near finished.
Honestly, the swap isn't worth it. You'd be better buying a GT.

But the general list of things you'd need are the engine, a carb, intake, distributor.
You'd need the 94-95 K member or one out of a fox.
If you are going with a 5 speed, you need a T5 out of a 94-95, and an 11.5 flywheel, I believe. The foxbody T5 can work, but requires modding.
You'll have to modify your wiring harness a ton.
You'll want an 8.8 rear.

And I think that's about it? Oh, your gauge cluster won't work, either. I think you'll need mechanical gauges.
Why mechanical gauges i understand the tach part but what about the speedometer i have gauges for everything else like oil pres volt and temp and any gas upgrades?
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.