Tuner or flowmaster - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Tuner or flowmaster

I'm trying to decide if I should get a tune or a flowmaster 44 for my v6 2000 mustang. Which one would be more fun and worth the money since they are about the same price?
Steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Get both! Lol. I guess the tuner would be more beneficial to you since if you get the right one they can tune it to your exact mods over and over again. The only thing you're really gona get out of the exhaust is badass sound. Don't get me wrong tho, badass sound is still quite important IMO
03Sixtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Would the tune make my stang quite a bit faster? And I just love that sound. Would the single flowmaster muffler still sound good on a single exhaust? And If you have any recommendations, which tune should I get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes the tune will give a noticeable difference because it will squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of your mods, aggressively change your shift points if you've got an automatic,increase throttle response...etc. Now, if you are planning on doing anything to your exhaust, I highly recommend either going true dual or atleast dual exhaust conversion. You just aren't going to get a good sound out of single exhaust, IMO anyways. I've never heard a good single exhaust setup on a mustang but hey, maybe there's one out there who knows.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Oh and I'd reccomend anything with a bama tune, best customer service out there
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sixtang
Yes the tune will give a noticeable difference because it will squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of your mods, aggressively change your shift points if you've got an automatic,increase throttle response...etc. Now, if you are planning on doing anything to your exhaust, I highly recommend either going true dual or atleast dual exhaust conversion. You just aren't going to get a good sound out of single exhaust, IMO anyways. I've never heard a good single exhaust setup on a mustang but hey, maybe there's one out there who knows.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Oh and I'd reccomend anything with a bama tune, best customer service out there
+100

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy
I'm trying to decide if I should get a tune or a flowmaster 44 for my v6 2000 mustang. Which one would be more fun and worth the money since they are about the same price?
Get them both! You will feel big big difference on your car
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i've heard some very nice single exhaust setups...they just aren't as loud as a dual setup. if it came down to not being able to afford a dual setup i can see running a single exhaust (i've done it before)...it just means come dual time you have a muffler already set to go for the new setup

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just would like to simply clamp on a single muffler because one my car is a v6 and I hope to upgrade to a gt soon enough and don't want to put a ton of money into a car I will be selling I the next year or so. And 2 I just want to have some good sound while I have it. By good exhaust setup, are you meaning I would have to get other parts besides the muffler, or simply a good quality muffler.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust sound is all about personal opinion, so if you are really thinking about any exhaust, YouTube the setups you are thinking, there's millions out there
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i wouldn't clamp it...the oem muffler is im thinking about 24" long and most aftermarkets are only 15-18" long. so you'd be clamping three spots along with a piece of pipe to make up the empty space. whereas most muffler shops (at least in my area) charge $25 to swap a muffler with an aftermarket and that includes welding it in and adding in some pipe to fill the gap.

if your wanting to get a good sound out of your car with a single setup for cheap go to Advance Auto and buy a Thrush Welded Muffler for $39...it's a dual chamber muffler built pretty much the same as a 40 series. just a tip

Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

^agreed
Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So I can get the same sound out of the thrush muffler for the most part as a flowmaster? And is the in and out size 2.5 or 2.25?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
So I can get the same sound out of the thrush muffler for the most part as a flowmaster? And is the in and out size 2.5 or 2.25?
yeah pretty much....thrushs are actually a bit deeper sound wise whereas flows are a tiny bit louder. not enough you'd really notice unless you've tried both mufflers out for yourself (which i've done lol) and it's 2.25" on the stock pipe

Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Tuners better and made my car into a new feeling car, much more fun to drive

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy
I just would like to simply clamp on a single muffler because one my car is a v6 and I hope to upgrade to a gt soon enough and don't want to put a ton of money into a car I will be selling I the next year or so. And 2 I just want to have some good sound while I have it. By good exhaust setup, are you meaning I would have to get other parts besides the muffler, or simply a good quality muffler.
I got a single thrush muffler if u want it. It was on my car when I got it, and I upgraded to flow 40's and to me there's a big difference.
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Is it the welded series or the turbo series
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang