my fuel gauge is acting up! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Berry_Eggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 107
my fuel gauge is acting up!

My 2000 v6 mustangs fuel gauge is giving me different reafings. I filled up my gas tank, and on that same day it said i wasted a quarter, but i didnt drive much, then today it told me that i have a full tank ._. Its annoying, how can this be fixed?
Berry_Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry_Eggo
My 2000 v6 mustangs fuel gauge is giving me different reafings. I filled up my gas tank, and on that same day it said i wasted a quarter, but i didnt drive much, then today it told me that i have a full tank ._. Its annoying, how can this be fixed?
Mine does the same I just filled it. To me it's because of all the turning and stuff cause yesterday I went around a corner finks of fast and my tank went down to half. And 20 mins later of driving it flew all the way back to full.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSixxer26

Mine does the same I just filled it. To me it's because of all the turning and stuff cause yesterday I went around a corner finks of fast and my tank went down to half. And 20 mins later of driving it flew all the way back to full.
And don't worry your not the only one who gets mad. It tells me I hav to put gas in it and when I get there it only allows me to put 2 gallons-_-
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
brooksyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 171
My 02 v6 is the same. Drove me crazy at first. I think I read somewhere before was because the wiring from sensor in the tank is naked and gets corroded.
brooksyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx
My 02 v6 is the same. Drove me crazy at first. I think I read somewhere before was because the wiring from sensor in the tank is naked and gets corroded.
I just waste more gas going to the station then I actually put in and I'm pretty sure it is the wire cause many people told me so.
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Berry_Eggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 107
Thank you very much gentleman! lol
Berry_Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
It just depends on the way it sits, How much you fill it, and the anti slosh reading. The IC does the best it can to get an average from the anti-slosh readings, but it takes time to get that reading after its standing still with the key off.
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

Sally

Fryes

Kona Blue

Kona
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



02:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.