Windstar intake? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well wen i went for mine it had the tb i just took it off i thought i could use my stock frm the stang
SN95V600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
No I don't think so, I don't think the bolts line up
03Sixtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #38

Region: Florida
will top mount IAC fit under stock 99 2000 hood
BIGBLOCKTRADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Nope even with the iac relocated there are still hood clearance issues with the throttle body, you either need to cut your hood and put a good scoop over it, buy a cowl hood, or do the iac relocation and get the throttle spacer angle piece from vapauto. That's the only way it'll fit under the hood
Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #40

what about 01 04 hood reverse
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Huh?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sixtang View Post
Huh?
the hood in your avatar is reverse from my 99
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Doesn't matter still won't clear, all the same issues I listed before
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #44
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
both cars same exact mods except for upper intake stock versus windstar

the windstar graph starts at ~2500 the car with factory starts at 3K
Where the two are meeting, is that pretty much the redline for the v6? Do you have to have any supporting mods to see these gains? Pretty cool.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
But the fab work is half the fun!
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Where the two are meeting, is that pretty much the redline for the v6? Do you have to have any supporting mods to see these gains? Pretty cool.
Factory redline ~5250-5300 yes, he revved mine out to about 5400 it looked by graph, and yes both cars have full bolt ons and 93 octane tunes same exact mods except for intake, it was one of those low reading dynos reason why it showed 15X.XX std power lmao and the 11.5 A/F.. Well we all know what too much fuel does to torque numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

But the fab work is half the fun!
Yeah, you should see his dyno graph for the difference between stock intake and that boxed one, gained what was it 7hp on a built/stroked motor?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #47

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Yeah, you should see his dyno graph for the difference between stock intake and that boxed one, gained what was it 7hp on a built/stroked motor?
Yeah it showed 9 rwhp on the dyno at the top end. As it started to climb up on the midrange. And it showed no bottom end loss like some other people like david was expecting. Which is the reason why we did the testing. So we could present the information with our intake. But most hp numbers for aftermarket bolt ons are horsepower measured at the flywheel to show a high number. Which in return would have shown a much higher number. But what we have done was given a alum intake that can be customized with larger plenum and throttle body for visual and added performance in a true bolt on kit. That does not need require an aftermarket hood. On top of everything we made it more afordable than other intakes on the market. Obviously we aren't going to make everyone happy but when someone asked to see dyno sheets and proof! Would you still doubt that?
Stanger00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanger00

Yeah it showed 9 rwhp on the dyno at the top end. As it started to climb up on the midrange. And it showed no bottom end loss like some other people like david was expecting. Which is the reason why we did the testing. So we could present the information with our intake. But most hp numbers for aftermarket bolt ons are horsepower measured at the flywheel to show a high number. Which in return would have shown a much higher number. But what we have done was given a alum intake that can be customized with larger plenum and throttle body for visual and added performance in a true bolt on kit. That does not need require an aftermarket hood. On top of everything we made it more afordable than other intakes on the market. Obviously we aren't going to make everyone happy but when someone asked to see dyno sheets and proof! Would you still doubt that?
Surprised about the low end, kinda, I still never saw an answer to the "do you still have IMRCs?" Question I had on AFM unless I overlooked it in the rant

Yes you shown minimal gains on an N/A built motor, which is why I advised anyone not boosting to stay away from it, granted if someone was boosting a car more than normal I'd probably point them to your intake, because cheap and it's about the proper CI for turbo cars anyways, little big for centris, but sorry I'll always point people towards the Windstar upper for N/A motors, the runners are set up great for this situation

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My question to you guys that have done the wonder at swap is, what did you do with your old manifold? If I can get rid of it, I would do the wins star in a heartbeat but I have nowhere to put it and I don't think there is a huge market for stock 3.8 manifolds
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll
My question to you guys that have done the wonder at swap is, what did you do with your old manifold? If I can get rid of it, I would do the wins star in a heartbeat but I have nowhere to put it and I don't think there is a huge market for stock 3.8 manifolds
Scrap it or push it under the bed lol I've still got mine from 2+ years ago

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

Scrap it or push it under the bed lol I've still got mine from 2+ years ago
How much do you think I can get if I scrap it
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll

How much do you think I can get if I scrap it
Not much, but if you're just wanting to get rid of it quick it's about your only choice, hardly no one buys these things

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
So wait, the Windstar isn't just a bigger filter and runner, it is the intake manifold as well?

Or am I reading y'all wrong?

People do rebuild stock engines with stock parts, but you should be trying to sell them on craigslist/ebay/Replacement Part sites. If you try to sell them to speed demons like us, then you will garner 0 interest
Jlope014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlope014

So wait, the Windstar isn't just a bigger filter and runner, it is the intake manifold as well?

Or am I reading y'all wrong?

People do rebuild stock engines with stock parts, but you should be trying to sell them on craigslist/ebay/Replacement Part sites. If you try to sell them to speed demons like us, then you will garner 0 interest
Correct, it's the actual upper Intake from the 96-98 windstars
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto View Post
Correct, it's the actual upper Intake from the 96-98 windstars
So if I am planning on doing H/C/I (or possibly, boost) within the next year, then doing this would be pointless, yes?
Jlope014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlope014

So if I am planning on doing H/C/I (or possibly, boost) within the next year, then doing this would be pointless, yes?
A stock Windstar is better than a ported factory unless you pay big money for them to do a cut and weld port job on it, so no it's a great swap to do especially in those cases where you want more flow

By the way have you decided on where to go for motor work yet? Kyle does good work for a decent price on H/C/I jobs

Http://www.kylepersonperformance.webs.com

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys im still working on this shizz only problems holding me back is the spacer already getting wire to extend the iac and tb wiring......my thing is i will be deleting egr and pcv system.....do i still tap into the bottom the windstar intake or just use the tip were the iac would have sat?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN95V600
Ok guys im still working on this shizz only problems holding me back is the spacer already getting wire to extend the iac and tb wiring......my thing is i will be deleting egr and pcv system.....do i still tap into the bottom the windstar intake or just use the tip were the iac would have sat?
Yes tapping the bottom like VAP did is for iac relocation, it'll give you more clearance if you keep it down there instead of trying to run the hose to the old fitting on top

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

ok cool well i saw how to do the iac relocation ima do that and scince ima delete the pcv i can still go ahead and remove that fitting were the iac should have been factory

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

that way it will look clean that way il have already tapped into the bottom and relocated the iac my egr and pcv will be removed hopefully il get to add a c.a.i and still tryna see how to reroute my belt with a/c delete but still with the p/s pump goin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang