Vibration in back wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Vibration in back wheels

Every time I accelerate my mustang I feel a huge vibration on the back two wheels and idk whether Its my axle? Or maybe it's my drive shaft? Please let me know what it could be !
Berry_Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
It could be a couple if things. When did it start? Did something happen?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
It started just yesterday, the guy who owned it b4 me replaced the whole back drive shaft and everything that goes with it, I also had a tire bigger than the rest and it would twist The back alittle so I'm not sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I'm thinking differential defective. I just replaced 70% of my rear-end; new axels to boot. Still, I unfortunately overlooked the differential. I dragged, and enjoyed burnouts for a little while then the diff gave up. Now Im stuck with no car till I replace the diff. One way to tell, is that the car feels like you are driving with the parking brakes on. That means the diff is binding. If that is not the cause, conider that the axel splines are worn. Good splines are flat, worn ones are sharp at the tip of the spline. If the splines are worn, the diff is worn too. My tech overlooked that factor. Now I'm paying for it. That's my 2 cents. But before you do anything else, check to ensure the d-shaft is bolted on tight. Do get under the car and take a look, it could save you lots of money. It uses a 13mm 12 point socket. Use the 3/8" drive with a 10" extension to reach it easily. Good luck man.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

I'm thinking differential defective. I just replaced 70% of my rear-end; new axels to boot. Still, I unfortunately overlooked the differential. I dragged, and enjoyed burnouts for a little while then the diff gave up. Now Im stuck with no car till I replace the diff. One way to tell, is that the car feels like you are driving with the parking brakes on. That means the diff is binding. If that is not the cause, conider that the axel splines are worn. Good splines are flat, worn ones are sharp at the tip of the spline. If the splines are worn, the diff is worn too. My tech overlooked that factor. Now I'm paying for it. That's my 2 cents. But before you do anything else, check to ensure the d-shaft is bolted on tight. Do get under the car and take a look, it could save you lots of money. It uses a 13mm 12 point socket. Use the 3/8" drive with a 10" extension to reach it easily. Good luck man.
Thank you so much ! I'll get on that tomorrow, I'm in need of money and if this breaks down, then lol I'm screwed
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
No problem man. That's why I lover ME. Lots of help. Hit me up if you need assist on privy email. On this forum I have yet to meet a bad Stang owner not willing to assist. Before you do though, hit up Azure. He's on point as a moderator/ME staff.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #7

Region: Canada
My94 had a similar problem and it was the rear bearing in the transmission.
OldTeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang