Tokico Advanced Handling System? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Tokico Advanced Handling System?

Anyone know about this kit? I know everyone always gets the tokico shocks paired with eilbach springs. Would the complete tokico package be better than separate brands? Also how about the eilbach complete handleing system, that comes with springs, shocks, and sway bars? I am planning on dropping my car, which is much needed, and I need to figure out what I am going to do any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
fasternu_674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Tokico Advanced Handling System?

i have tokico shocks/struts with steeda springs.......glides across the road, i love the handling. the only downside is that its not as low as i would like it. its pretty much the lowest you can go without c/c plates though.

other than that i love it, great ride, no roll in the corners
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

as long as the shocks/struts are valved for the spring rate you are running it wont matter what parts you use. I like H&R since they have spring rates generally MUCH higher than most springs people buy from eibach, steeda, etc.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to megax29 Send a message via Yahoo to megax29

I own the package but I'm hesitant to install them. I'm not sure if I would need to get cc plates or if I need offset steering rack bushings. Any suggestions? Another important question for me, if I install the kit the gap between tire and fenderwell should decrease aka "drop", will this drop decreas my road clearance? Clearance is an issue for me...the converters seem to hang low and I've broken my manifold twice already. Suggestions much appreciated.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 AM   #5

Region: Nevada

I have the eibach handling kit, I couldnt be happier, I got the sportline springs tho,which will give you a 1.7 in front and 2.0 in back drop. The ride is very nice but when you are getting after it, the thing sticks to the road like it was glued to it and there is no body roll at all that i have noticed.. I would give the eibach kit a 10 star rating
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to rwboring

Quote:
Originally Posted by megax29 View Post
I own the package but I'm hesitant to install them. I'm not sure if I would need to get cc plates or if I need offset steering rack bushings. Any suggestions? Another important question for me, if I install the kit the gap between tire and fenderwell should decrease aka "drop", will this drop decreas my road clearance? Clearance is an issue for me...the converters seem to hang low and I've broken my manifold twice already. Suggestions much appreciated.
if you're breaking manifolds then you're hitting waayyyy to hard or forcing it... i have 3.25" between my exhaust and the ground and i've never broke a manifold... and obviously if you have less gap you are lowering the entire body... it is an artform to drive a lowered car... there are do's and don'ts like speed bumps... don't even try... find a different way...
rwboring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

you just have to find the right amount to drop it so that you dont run into as many issues as possible~ the 94-04 dont take great to lowering and having no issues with hitting stuff~ just how they are... the exhaust hangs down low on them.

You can run some poly spring isolators from MM or whom ever to raise the car up some~

also keep in mind best handling is NOT from being the lowest. you want your A Arm even with the K member, thats about 1-1.2 inches on a 94-04 lower than stock~
Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have recommendations in my future upgrade with Tokico strut/shock combined with tokico sport tune springs? Are they any good? What will be the difference? I bought the offset bushings for the steering rack to correct some bumpsteer...do I need to get cc plates if using the offset bushings? Anything else I should do while I'm at the suspension...next upgrade after that should be tune and gears?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 AM   #9

Region: Nevada

go with H&R springs with bilstein shock and strut package if you dont mind beating your back to death and bouncing all over the place, unless u go with replacing all control arms at same time to reduce hop(i went with both combos so saying from experience) or for great handling as well as a great ride, go with eibach. I went with the Eibach proplus handling package with the sportline springs, comes with springs, struts, and swaybars along with all bushing and hardware and tuned to work together on unit(sportline springs gave it a 1.7f and 2.0b drop) and the ride is close to stock but the handling feels like im in a million dollar race car, i have tested both systems out and the H&Rs on regular streets where all over over the place, the eibach system was just the opposite and the system handles like a dream.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

my race H&Rs ride pretty good overall~ not nearly as harsh as I had expected
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdubb View Post
go with H&R springs with bilstein shock and strut package if you dont mind beating your back to death and bouncing all over the place, unless u go with replacing all control arms at same time to reduce hop(i went with both combos so saying from experience) or for great handling as well as a great ride, go with eibach. I went with the Eibach proplus handling package with the sportline springs, comes with springs, struts, and swaybars along with all bushing and hardware and tuned to work together on unit(sportline springs gave it a 1.7f and 2.0b drop) and the ride is close to stock but the handling feels like im in a million dollar race car, i have tested both systems out and the H&Rs on regular streets where all over over the place, the eibach system was just the opposite and the system handles like a dream.

is this what you got?

Eibach Pro Spring Set, Eibach Springs Pro System
dennyray04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

nevermind i think i found waht ur talking about

the whole kit

Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set, Eibach Pro System Plus
dennyray04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone experienced a Tokico Red Spring and blue shock/strut combo?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #14

An interesting quote from a well-versed suspension vendor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSuspension View Post
The Eibach Shocks & Struts are not the best. I know we sell them, but we ONLY sell them in the Eibach Pro System kits, and ONLY because some customers have their mind set on getting a fully Eibach suspension kit.

Notice how we do not sell the Eibach dampers separately.

The Eibach dampers are extremely soft, low quality, have poor dampening, and are probably the most similar to the Motorcraft, OEM shocks.

Now, that being said... their springs and swaybars are awesome. So if you like the Eibach Pro System kit, I'd suggest going with Eibach Springs, Eibach Swaybars, and any of the various aftermarket shocks (Tokico, Bilstein, etc.)

You will be much happier, and you'll save money in the process.

Sincerely,

Josh Sadowski
StangSuspension.com

The suspension on the S197's is significantly different from that of an SN95, so while the Eibach system may be good (there are a million variables and personal preferences, of course), I would put a significant value on Josh @ Stangsuspension's opinion on suspension components.
Blainestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

I'm running a full BBK Suspension set up
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I installed the whole kit in two evenings. I've lagged to finish. I'm stuck installing the steering rack bushing (offset). It's so hot in so*tex don't even feel like getting underneath the car. I'm not able to fit the long screw that connects the steering rack to the Kmember. I need more muscle. I'll make a 2nd attempt at aligning that up and try it out. I tried the system after the first evening around the block with front only and I did feel the difference. I tried it again 2nd evening around the block and felt about the same but didn't have a chance to really rediscover my car. The 3rd evening was busy and didn't do anything. Tomorrow I'll try for 2nd time at the steering rack bushings. I added in sway bar end link support w/ bushings, but found out I needed new (front) bottom spring isolator bushings...anyone where to get those from? I'll keep posted.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
I installed the whole kit in two evenings. I've lagged to finish. I'm stuck installing the steering rack bushing (offset). It's so hot in so*tex don't even feel like getting underneath the car. I'm not able to fit the long screw that connects the steering rack to the Kmember. I need more muscle. I'll make a 2nd attempt at aligning that up and try it out. I tried the system after the first evening around the block with front only and I did feel the difference. I tried it again 2nd evening around the block and felt about the same but didn't have a chance to really rediscover my car. The 3rd evening was busy and didn't do anything. Tomorrow I'll try for 2nd time at the steering rack bushings. I added in sway bar end link support w/ bushings, but found out I needed new (front) bottom spring isolator bushings...anyone where to get those from? I'll keep posted.
Instead of the offset rack bushings, i did the drop down outer tie rod ends....Steeda and UPR call them their bump steer kit ( i got the UPR) and i love it.....the hind joint on the end takes all the bump steer away, especially on off camber bumps and it was really easy to install
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's already put in and working great. It feels like I change my car for a new one? I figured I'll need an alignment, but my tires are pretty worn out. I wanna go for more uph so...I'm thinking between tuner, torque converter and shif kit(transgo), or the t-lok with gears. I'm also problem with exhaust. My manifold seems to leak and I'm looking to custom raise my low hanging mid pipes to give me more clearance. My car did drop slightly but not by much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang