Supercharger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Supercharger?

I found a supercharger for 300$. It's 23lbs of boost. (300-500hp gain). How difficult is an installation for something like this?
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnation View Post
I found a supercharger for 300$. It's 23lbs of boost. (300-500hp gain). How difficult is an installation for something like this?
What type of supercharger... And please don't tell me it's from a supercoupe because it won't be a direct bolt on like all the scammers claim
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

What type of supercharger... And please don't tell me it's from a supercoupe because it won't be a direct bolt on like all the scammers claim
Not one of those. Ha. Can't find it now. (Craigslist) So I don't know the brand.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I was also trying to find out if I need to do a lug conversion?
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I wouldn't trust a supercharger for that cheap off craigslist... Is it the entire kit or just the blower itself?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
willrad00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 292
How does lbs convert to psi?
__________________
03 v6- black 17' 03 Cobra R deep dish wheels, AM short shifter, divorced duals with original 40's, windstar swap, and a tuner!
willrad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrad00 View Post
How does lbs convert to psi?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pounds_per_square_inch
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
ok so OP um...is that the current owner having it push 23lbs of boost (which by the way is alot for some superchargers)....or what? i'm a bit confused...if you can find the link let me know
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I wouldn't trust a supercharger for that cheap off craigslist... Is it the entire kit or just the blower itself?
Just the unit. Not the kit.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
ok so OP um...is that the current owner having it push 23lbs of boost (which by the way is alot for some superchargers)....or what? i'm a bit confused...if you can find the link let me know
No. They are running 17 lbs. but it can go up to 23lbs of boost
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
what's the supercharger?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
what's the supercharger?
Not sure. But I'm not getting that one since I think it sold. But I want to get one still. How many lbs before I have to get a 5 lug swap? Or how much overall hp gain? Any ideas?
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
lol i think first you might want to research supercharger lingo because i think you're getting terms confused...lets forget the 5 lug swap for now ok...i know guys pushing mor hp then needed with 4 lug foxes.

what you need to decide is what you want out of the car and your budget..also how will it be installed...if you're doing the work...what's your tech level? do you want a centri style or a roots?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
lol i think first you might want to research supercharger lingo because i think you're getting terms confused...lets forget the 5 lug swap for now ok...i know guys pushing mor hp then needed with 4 lug foxes.

what you need to decide is what you want out of the car and your budget..also how will it be installed...if you're doing the work...what's your tech level? do you want a centri style or a roots?
Okay. Well I had no idea for lug swap. Ha. Idk. I need to research it and how much my motor can handle. How much of an effect does mileage have on your performance or potential?
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
depending on how well your engines been taken care of it could blow at stock power being that old or could handle a good bit more abuse...i'd start with a teardown and see how the condition of everything is.

that fox has a single port 3.8 i think...but i'm not sure if it's the same 3.8 they used for the sn95's...
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
depending on how well your engines been taken care of it could blow at stock power being that old or could handle a good bit more abuse...i'd start with a teardown and see how the condition of everything is.

that fox has a single port 3.8 i think...but i'm not sure if it's the same 3.8 they used for the sn95's...
The engine layouts in sn95s are a little different. It's got under 8,000 miles on it. Engine was rebuilt.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
engine pics?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
engine pics?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4060040599.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	615.6 KB
ID:	78986   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2012320582.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	683.4 KB
ID:	78987  

amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
engine pics?
My grandpa bought the shell and researched its OEM. And built it back to its original quality. Except rims. Aftermarket Centerlines.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
kinda cramped...gonna need to do some good relocation work to fit in a centri style.

have you thought about picking up a 302 and building it on the side for a swap?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
kinda cramped...gonna need to do some good relocation work to fit in a centri style.

have you thought about picking up a 302 and building it on the side for a swap?
My gramps was telling me he has it all setup for the swap, suspension n all. But even though its my car, my parents won't let me. I also want to do a tranny swap. 5 spd.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
so just drive the car and enjoy it till you're an adult...save up your money then come 18 you can either A) take the savings and build the car B) buy another car with a better platform

slap some wheels and a decent exhaust on it in the meantime and you'll be held over
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
so just drive the car and enjoy it till you're an adult...save up your money then come 18 you can either A) take the savings and build the car B) buy another car with a better platform
I'm 19 man. Haha. I'm living at home while I attend community college.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
wait you're 19 but you can't mod your own car? i'm a bit confused but i'll roll with it
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
wait you're 19 but you can't mod your own car? i'm a bit confused but i'll roll with it
You and me both. I just go to my friends house, he's a mustang fanatic. Three gt-500's, 66 gt350 same paint as their 06 gt500. And one is a Supersnake. Then an 07 hertz. But anyways, I go over there do my mods, then drive home and let my parents freak. Haha. It's stupid.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Pics of friends cars?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
amnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Pics of friends cars?
I'll take some next time I'm over. They also restored a super bird and a bel air recently. They are mainly a Ford family though.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.