Cat delete kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr_Trigger3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Maria
Region: California
Posts: 46
Cat delete kit

Hey guys I'm going to be putting a cat delete kit on my 03 mustang and I was just wondering if I would have to do anything with the o2 sensors. Anybody have experience in this sort of thing?
Mr_Trigger3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Trigger3.8
Hey guys I'm going to be putting a cat delete kit on my 03 mustang and I was just wondering if I would have to do anything with the o2 sensors. Anybody have experience in this sort of thing?
You would probly be better off getting an offroad pipe
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr_Trigger3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Maria
Region: California
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

You would probly be better off getting an offroad pipe
I already have offroad x pipe with flow super 44s
Mr_Trigger3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Trigger3.8

I already have offroad x pipe with flow super 44s
I think I may be misunderstanding what a cat delete kit is lol. It's not a kit that helps u delete your cats?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr_Trigger3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Maria
Region: California
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

I think I may be misunderstanding what a cat delete kit is lol. It's not a kit that helps u delete your cats?
The kit I'm installing is basically just a section of pipe with flanges to bolt up in place of the cats. So when I need to smog it I just bolt the cats back up.
Mr_Trigger3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crowned1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Trigger3.8 View Post
Hey guys I'm going to be putting a cat delete kit on my 03 mustang and I was just wondering if I would have to do anything with the o2 sensors. Anybody have experience in this sort of thing?
from my experience of straight piping my cats you will have to make some new holes for the o2 sensors. got any pics?
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Two options, if you have a tuner, have the rear O2 sensors shut off, or buy mil eliminators that plug in between the sensor and wire harness to make it falsely read it still has cats

If you don't have a place for the O2's in the new pipe you can always wrap them and Ziptie it out of the way to protect them until you have to use it again
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr_Trigger3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Maria
Region: California
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
Two options, if you have a tuner, have the rear O2 sensors shut off, or buy mil eliminators that plug in between the sensor and wire harness to make it falsely read it still has cats

If you don't have a place for the O2's in the new pipe you can always wrap them and Ziptie it out of the way to protect them until you have to use it again
Yea I figured I'd have mil problems. I looked up mil eliminators on Americanmuscle.com and they're not too pricey so that's probably what I'll end up doing. Hopefully I won't need to drill any holes. Just more opportunity for exhaust leaks. Haha 03 mustangs have enough exhaust leak problems as it is.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1

from my experience of straight piping my cats you will have to make some new holes for the o2 sensors. got any pics?
I don't have any pics at the moment. I'll try to throw some up soon though.
Mr_Trigger3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1
Off road X pipes don't have cats.
If your X pipe has cats then its a catted X pipe.
You may want to double check to make sure... before you buy something.
02V6Mustangg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr_Trigger3.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Maria
Region: California
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02V6Mustangg
Off road X pipes don't have cats.
If your X pipe has cats then its a catted X pipe.
You may want to double check to make sure... before you buy something.
Yea it's definitely catted X.
Mr_Trigger3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:05 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.