USB plug or other add ons in Edge blank dash buttons. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
USB plug or other add ons in Edge blank dash buttons.

So one thing that does bug me about our V6 edge mustangs is the two 'blank' dash buttons by the shifter. Sounds like most GTs have fog light and traction control switches in there but not our V6 mustangs. So I was wondering if anyone has added anything in there (other than a fog light switch) like a USB charge port or etc. I think I am going to add one once I can think of a clean way to do it but also want to know what you guys thought?
brooksyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mine came from the factory with all three switches filled and working...i know my last sixxer didnt have the fog switch though..i ran an a/c converter there. Sorry no pics but you can find write ups on it online.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Weird, mine has all three. Defog, traction, and fogs. No fog lights installed though. And they all have their wires heading into the dash but nothing actually works
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hey guys I have an 02 gt so all of my buttons are there and they work. I was wondering if I would be able to replace the buttons with something like in this picture? I would fab up a plate to replace the spot in the car and hold the switches. I like the race car sort of look and was wondering if the switches would work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1758245436.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	81476  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #5

Region: California
^^ that would be sick!!!!
skateshindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mine came with Trac control AMD rear defrost that's all. I found a fog light switch from motorcraft for $30 on amazon
V6in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
that would be sweat i actaully thought about some how rigging up a sound system to wear its no radio it just has a aux port and the speakers ready im not a bass fan so amps and what not would not be the problem you know just a decent system and also working on rewiring the window switch to my center consel mines a 200 so the bottom is empty now that i removed the mach 460 i have a $60 radio and some tweets and 6x9s works just fine but i would really like the "no radio" and just simply plug my phone and and ppl be like wheres the radio!
SN95V600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN95V600 View Post
that would be sweat i actaully thought about some how rigging up a sound system to wear its no radio it just has a aux port and the speakers ready im not a bass fan so amps and what not would not be the problem you know just a decent system and also working on rewiring the window switch to my center consel mines a 200 so the bottom is empty now that i removed the mach 460 i have a $60 radio and some tweets and 6x9s works just fine but i would really like the "no radio" and just simply plug my phone and and ppl be like wheres the radio!
Where did u get ur tweeters from?
V6in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToHellAndBack View Post
Hey guys I have an 02 gt so all of my buttons are there and they work. I was wondering if I would be able to replace the buttons with something like in this picture? I would fab up a plate to replace the spot in the car and hold the switches. I like the race car sort of look and was wondering if the switches would work?
this is a SICK idea

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Tweeters r stock i just rewired speakers to the radio and the tweeters that were in the box in my trunk i hung them in the rear behind my seat and there was two more on my doors by the mirror that lil corner so it sounds pretty loud but im gana redo everything

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Lol i said its a 200 i meant 2000 lol!
SN95V600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang