builiding a road car..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
builiding a road car.....

hey all just an update for you guys helping me out I have the tires squared away now ended up going with a set of dunlop sp sport maxx or something of the sort but have heared a lot of good things about them so we shall see.

my next question is for any one who has switched out the intake manifold right now I have a stock one but Ive been reading that if you go after market or even get like the windstar intake mani that you cant use a strut tower bar only asking because the local junk yard has some of the windstar intakes but with little suspemsion work dont (ATM) I really want the STB and think it would bennifit me more anyways at the stage im in (just looking to find the cars limits) i figure the added power would be useless if i cant keep it planted
what do you guys think
windstar intake or STB?
havent decided on a bar yet really want something beefy like steeda but I might actually have a stock GT bar laying around in the shed
thanks for the info and input.
Pgfdv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Corner Carving Thread

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Haha specifically posted this up after reading your post lol it was a great write up by the way
But I've also been Doug this a while I don't consider my self a professional at all by far but just wondering when do I want to start adding power to the equation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

whenever you feel like...i haven't added any power to mine but with each suspension and chassis part i add i feel faster on the same roads so that's where my money goes lol.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
whenever you feel like...i haven't added any power to mine but with each suspension and chassis part i add i feel faster on the same roads so that's where my money goes lol.
I see what you mean I mean every upgrade I feel my self getting faster threw the corners which is what's important just kinda hard nailing the corners to come out and not feel the power coming out behind it but my main question is it true with an aftermarket intake you can't use a sway bar?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

it would have to be a custom made one to wrap behind it like the ones made for GT500's to wrap a supercharger.

as for coming out of the corners gearing is what's important there. something to think over

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang