Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best and well priced shocks and struts

8K views 150 replies 13 participants last post by  98mustang11 
#1 ·
What's the best but well priced I need to replace mine bad with income taz

#70 ·
That's a really good price. Just labor? I think you can do shocks and struts yourself.

#82 ·
The struts go back on by just placing it in place with your hands, aligning the bolts and tighten. The springs are compressed. If you don't feel comfortable with installing the springs then the $150 is well worth it. *When the job is done, keep a close eye on front tire wear in case alignment is needed.

#84 ·
It's safer to use a spring compressor just because that spring when loaded is like a bomb but on our cars it's not that necessary since it is unlikely it would fly out. Just be safe and use them if you're going To install yourself especially if its your first time

#90 ·
yeah that's fine not hard to do at different times just depends on how often you wanna take the wheels off...the shocks you can do without even taking wheels off just check my quick write up in the corner carving thread or check youtube. they are super easy with handtools

#101 ·
If that's cheap to you you must have way more money than me lol I got the sr springs for 139.99 that to me is cheap lol... Do have a question for you rob I'm going with the same setup you first had with the flow tens stock cats and stuff expect I'm getting an h-pipe fabbed on... You have any idea what it might sound like with just two cats gone

#102 ·
With two cats removed and an "H" pipe placed in there, it should sound just amazing. Great choice. I recommend utilizing 2.25" pipe after the first cat, down to the "H" pipe, then upping to 2.5" pipe, that's all.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Well got the struts on today... Easy besides having to take the nuts Amd bolts off that came from the factory.. Now just got to order my spring s
Are you considering replacing the balljoints while you have the wheels off? If so, the Steeda X2 Balljoints will lower the front end an additional 1/2", which helps most times giving the car an equal wheel base or a slight rake towards the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.