Mods Question! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mods Question!

Ok you can see what I have right now in my sig! What else can I do, that would not have to be removed later when I put the s/c...how about some pullies? Also I have a 255lb fuel pump, and new injectors (black with green top, idk what size are they, got them with the s/c kit)..now can I put the pump and injectors even though the s/c is not installed yet, and later just stick with them when installing the s/c?
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Mods Question!

Well I guess I didn't know how to add a signature, but anyways here is the mod list:

Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
Next: Vortech (complete kit waiting), SCT xcal, UDP
Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would wait. Why tear down twice? You'll be under the hood once for the kit so do it all one one day- or two of you hit a glitch.
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yea thats what I thought! But how about the UDP, it's not like its some big mod (comparing to fuel system)...could I at least go with it before s/c?

And I also got some chip with the vortech kit but I'll wait on that!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

How is your S/C driven? Did the pulleys come with it? You'll need to use the kits crank pulley at least. Unless they use an add on pulley to drive the S/C. Also the CAI will be gone too. (I need one of those if you plan to sell it cheap). Your S/C kit should have included two or even three pulleys with it; the one on the compressor, a new crank, and often a tensioner too. It should also have any chip/ tuning needed to master the extra fuel and air you'll be pushing in. Unless it is self oiling it should have two oil line too a feed and a drain. Then the ducting to replace your CAI to the compressor and then to the intake- if not inter-cooled. And of course any brackets and misc parts too. this is assuming it is a centrifugal style (Vortech) and not a roots/twin screw (Eaton). They are a different ball game, but great for low end.
Can't wait to hear how it runs, but be a bit patient and try not to buy parts you'll need to take off later. (Of course, I need UDP's too and used is cheaper..... mmm.... go ahead add them! LOL)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcpony View Post
How is your S/C driven? Did the pulleys come with it? You'll need to use the kits crank pulley at least. Unless they use an add on pulley to drive the S/C. Also the CAI will be gone too. (I need one of those if you plan to sell it cheap). Your S/C kit should have included two or even three pulleys with it; the one on the compressor, a new crank, and often a tensioner too. It should also have any chip/ tuning needed to master the extra fuel and air you'll be pushing in. Unless it is self oiling it should have two oil line too a feed and a drain. Then the ducting to replace your CAI to the compressor and then to the intake- if not inter-cooled. And of course any brackets and misc parts too. this is assuming it is a centrifugal style (Vortech) and not a roots/twin screw (Eaton). They are a different ball game, but great for low end.
Can't wait to hear how it runs, but be a bit patient and try not to buy parts you'll need to take off later. (Of course, I need UDP's too and used is cheaper..... mmm.... go ahead add them! LOL)

Well Im sure I saw at least one pulley...the kit is at my gf's so I can't take a look of it, but here are some pics!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vortech Kit.zip (730.7 KB, 48 views)
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just looked up the kit and it does ride the drive belt. So yes, UDP's SHOULD work. You would need a different belt than the kit's or your current one. Find some string once the kit is on and wrap it around the pulleys once you have the kit on. Have a friend hold the tensioner in position and take that length for a start on your belt. It will be really close. Watch for slipping as that will cut your boost.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

And how about cams...Im not too familiar with those! Is this cams: http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...atrev3Cams.pdf

Do they give any HPs?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yep those are cams. As far as which is best for you it would be best to contact the maker and tell them your plans. An HCI (Heads/ Cam/ Intake) kit might be right up your alley if you have the cash. With forced induction it could really wake up your car. On a non forced motor I have heard as much as 50-80 HP from them. Depends on your plans and budget. I don't have the budget for any of this anymore (family man now), but I ran a 4.2 with nothing more than gasket matched and polished heads and intake, a truck cam shaft with high ratio rockers, a CAI, Al flywheel and driveshaft, t-loc on stock gears, longtube headers, and a GT take off cat back on my last Mustang. It was extremely fast and would make mince meat out of most anything on a good twisty road. Most of the money in that car, like all mine, went into the suspension.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Here you go. same seller.
http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...3PowerPaks.pdf
Old 05-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've seen those power packs too, but they are out of my budget right now...I also have a complete Vortech kit waiting to be installed. I was just curious about the cams, cause they are like 400 (not that bad), and I was just wondering if "only cams" can give some HPs, without the whole power packs?
Old 05-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Lovely Misinformation: You don't want to use a UDP with a supercharger.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I said "could". With a smaller blower pulley he could make the same boost. You are right with a stock blower pulley he would lose boost.
And it would be only one cam. Yes it would help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang