2000 mustang v6 exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

okay, so im looking to add flowmaster 40 mufflers to my stang, i want dual exhaust, and im still confused on exactly what all i will need to complete the full exhaust system.. i plan on keeping the stock manifolds/headers and buying the 2 mufflers and an h pipe...so is there anything else i need besides all that was mentioned to complete the system?????
any info will help, thanks
eifion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

why? its a v6
stanhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

Basically you want a Cat-Back system.
It bolts onto your exhaust AFTER the catalytic converters.

(if you get a COMPLETE kit, you'll notice the pipes run from the Exhaust Manifold, all the way to the Exhaust Tips.....which means it DOESN'T leave room for catalytic converters.....it's assuming you aren't running any......but as you may or may not know, cats are a MUST in order to pass emisssions testing.....unless you live in a county that doesn't test for emissions.
Nearly all mustangs come with ATLEAST 4 cats, the newer ones probably come with 6!!!
I had 4 cats on my 1994 mustang, I got the Pre-cats deleted, and replaced the remaining 2 cats with better quality High-Flows so i would still pass emissions.
(the pre-cats are located RIGHT under you're exhaust manifolds, those can be removed and replaced with Pipe, and you will STILL pass emissions.....although it is ILLEGAL in most areas, so dont rat out your mechanic!)

Here is an example of what you want.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boststcaduex.html
(make sure that website is legit first if you are going to order,lol, i just yanked it off google real quick.)

But basically the H-pipe setup you want, will include.

-H-Pipe
-Flanges/Pipe connectors(might include this, maybe not)
-Rest of the exhaust pipe + Mufflers
-Hangers(may not come with hangers.)

I recommend just buying some flowmaster 40's, and paying a exhaust guy to make you a custom dual exhaust with 2.50 inch pipe.

if you find some mom n pops shop, they will probably do it for 300-600 complete exhaust.....which isnt a cat-back system, it goes from the exhaust manifolds all the way back, and he will just re-weld your cats back into the stock place.
erland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

uh sounds like you need hangers,tailpipes,and some other stuff but if your gonna dump your exhaust all you will need is hangers to hook up right before your rear axle is and you will need the pass anger side exhaust hanger for the midsection of the car. other then that you should have all of the parts.
nels91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

The 2000 Mustang V6 has two cats on it. Take it to Midas and they can do it for you. It cost me about 300.00 to have it done to mine.
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

i hate people that say sell it and buy a real mustang. i cant stand that ****. jus thought id let that b known
ayawamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

tail pipes and hangers
adron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

2000 mustang v6 exhaust?

sell it and buy a real mustang
arlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
2000 mustang, exhaust