I need to remove my catalytic converters but there is no kit that goes to catback!?!?!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I need to remove my catalytic converters but there is no kit that goes to catback!?!?!?

I own a 2001 Ford Mustang V6. And yes I know V6's are ****, right. moving on. I have a plugged cat, and I would like to find a kit that will go from the headers down to the flowmaster super 40 series exhaust (one flange) I can find x-pipes, but is there anyway to go to the flowmaster exhaust w/o replacing it?
howahkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I need to remove my catalytic converters but there is no kit that goes to catback!?!?!?

Take off your Cat and using a long rod, or big punch and hammer, knock ALL the inside of the cat out. Take this junk to the scrapyard for bout 70 bucks and bolt the now empty cat back on. Problem solved till you can get a new cat to put on.
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There is an easy way to do this; Drill about a 1- 2 inch hole into the cat and beat on it with a rubber mallet until the material inside the cat all falls out, thereby unclogging it and basically hallowing it out. Get yourself a bolt that has a nut with a spring loaded flange ( made for drywall ), make sure the flange flares wider than the hole you drilled , and a thick flat washer larger than the hole. Insert the washer onto the bolt then put the spring loaded nut onto the bolt, insert into hole and tighten, sealing the hole. Now you can do what you want to the exhaust past the cat without it's restrictions.
Arleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The Ford V6 is NOT ****!!! If your converter is clogged, then you need to clean your IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE and throttle body SHOWROOM clean. Use Gum-out and Amsoil foaming cleaner to do this. Run these chemicals through your intake with car running HOT, and they will clean the converter and the O2 sensors. The IAC and TB help control fuel mixture at low RPM's, like around town. When they get dirty, they can clog up the works. DON"T punch your cat through, you are wasting your money and time. For more power, clean everything I have said, and install a set of Bosch Fusion or Denso Iridium plugs. You will notice the power increase, and NOT screw up your mixture!!!
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You can't find a kit without cats because you need the cats and the O2 sensor feedback for the computer. Replace the cats with either the stock or high-flow units, keep the O2's in their proper locations, and go from there.
lleweliyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang