79-04 SVE Mustang Rear Control Arms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Torchredfrankie is unknown around these parts
79-04 SVE Mustang Rear Control Arms

Has any one used this product??? Is it worth the money?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

1slosix is just getting started.
i've looked into them before...besides that i have no personal experience with them

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

davidcseifert is unknown around these parts
Eh I'd wait until a good namebrand LCA goes on sale, uppers aren't really needed and can/have been known to tear torque boxes since they have hard bushings in them, I bought Maximum Motorsports HD lowers and couldn't be happier

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Regular
Supporter

93slowstang is unknown around these parts
I have them but they aren't installed yet. They seem to be very well put together.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Eh I'd wait until a good namebrand LCA goes on sale, uppers aren't really needed and can/have been known to tear torque boxes since they have hard bushings in them, I bought Maximum Motorsports HD lowers and couldn't be happier
Do keep in mind that most of the Store brand parts are mostly rebranded namebrands.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post

Do keep in mind that most of the Store brand parts are mostly rebranded namebrands.
Change name and sell for a lose? Lol

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Change name and sell for a lose? Lol
Not really a loss, a lot of major companies do it to at least part of their products. People are more likely to save money and buy an off brand rather than spend much more for the actual name brand.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

deadsp0t is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post

Not really a loss, a lot of major companies do it to at least part of their products. People are more likely to save money and buy an off brand rather than spend much more for the actual name brand.

Everything from toothpaste to food..
Old 01-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Either way it's not garunteed to be a renamed good brand, if you can prove it sure more power to you for saving money, but I'd rather not take my chances with something that holds the rear end in the car IMO

blower/new cam soon
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Either way it's not garunteed to be a renamed good brand, if you can prove it sure more power to you for saving money, but I'd rather not take my chances with something that holds the rear end in the car IMO
At this point it's safe to say SVE is an established company with a rep for quality products.

Ten years ago ppl had the same inhibitions about MAC products and these days ppl swear by them.

I've seen countless threads on ppl using their wheels and brake upgrade kits, which IMHO are just as important as control arms when speaking about safety.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

v6procharged is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
At this point it's safe to say SVE is an established company with a rep for quality products.

Ten years ago ppl had the same inhibitions about MAC products and these days ppl swear by them.

I've seen countless threads on ppl using their wheels and brake upgrade kits, which IMHO are just as important as control arms when speaking about safety.
you see their wheels a lot, yes, but just because one thing they make is good doesnt mean it's all good. just like buying tools.

ive personally never dealt with sve OP, i have metcomotorsport lca's on mine. if it were me, i would wait til you find a deal on something else like MM, baseline, or metco's. team z seems to have nice stuff as well. when buying, you also need to take into account what they are going to be intended for.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6procharged View Post

you see their wheels a lot, yes, but just because one thing they make is good doesnt mean it's all good. just like buying tools.

ive personally never dealt with sve OP, i have metcomotorsport lca's on mine. if it were me, i would wait til you find a deal on something else like MM, baseline, or metco's. team z seems to have nice stuff as well. when buying, you also need to take into account what they are going to be intended for.
Never herd of Metco's or Team Z, I'll have too look into those. Never herd anything bad about SVE products, doesn't mean they like any other company don't have unsatisfied customers.

Guess the morale of all this is do the research(regarding how you plan to use the car) OP and generally speaking you can't go wrong with any of the major brands. You can always call AM and speak to a rep or a company like Steeda is a great resource as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

v6procharged is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Never herd of Metco's or Team Z, I'll have too look into those. Never herd anything bad about SVE products, doesn't mean they like any other company don't have unsatisfied customers.

Guess the morale of all this is do the research(regarding how you plan to use the car) OP and generally speaking you can't go wrong with any of the major brands. You can always call AM and speak to a rep or a company like Steeda is a great resource as well.
one thing i like about MM, metco, team z and i think baseline, they are all made in the usa.

just research and research and see who uses what and for what purpose. i know some companies have parts made overseas which i dont like and some companies who's welds have broke. (generally overseas stuff).
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Torchredfrankie is unknown around these parts
So just lower control arms then? I
Old 01-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
So just lower control arms then? I
Like David eluded to even lower control arms can tear out torque boxes, IMO if you plan on dragging it regularly I'd look into doing the weld in reinforcements. Usually for not much more you can usually get upper and lowers together and just do the the reinforcements on both and be done with it. I've seen relatively stock cars with stock uppers and lowers tear out the battle boxes. either route you go, let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

The lowers are much less likely as they have more support from the factory, the uppers are easier to tear

blower/new cam soon
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

tommy d is unknown around these parts
I have a pair of sve control arms on my 00 gt for the last 3 years and they work great! I installed 410 gears and had a lot of traction problems even with dr s I installed the sve from late model restoration and they solved all my traction problems.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

1slosix is just getting started.
i love team z products...it's nice to hear of more people checking them out. as for this thread i agree research is the OPs best friend

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy d View Post
I have a pair of sve control arms on my 00 gt for the last 3 years and they work great! I installed 410 gears and had a lot of traction problems even with dr s I installed the sve from late model restoration and they solved all my traction problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i love team z products...it's nice to hear of more people checking them out. as for this thread i agree research is the OPs best friend
For me this post speak volumes as generally speaking a six won't put near the stress on lca's that a GT on DRs will.. With that I'll bow out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang