dies and i dont know why - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #1

Region: Nebraska
dies and i dont know why

alright.. my car started runnin like crap a couple weeks or so ago... started runnin really rough and then died... i get it started back up drive down the road maybe a mile or 2 and same thing happens... ive found what i think might be a pattern, whenever the fan would want to kick on... it decides it might not want to run anymore, cooling fan and ac stuff like that... also when it does start running rough one of the turn signals quits working... which totaly blew my mind and is one of the factors i have no freakin clue what is wrong...
im just curious whether anybody has any idea what might be goin on... cuz i dont and i dont really want to let a mechanic here screw me out of more money than i need to lose
burbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
Re: dies and i dont know why

Not all mechanics will screw you, just so you know.

It sounds to me like you have crap plug wires and they are arcing to the block, screwing up your ground connection. Happened to mine once, when one of my wires came out of the loom and melted off the coating on the exhaust manifold. My speedometer and tach started spiking up to max and dropping back to zero and all kinds of fun weird stuff. With out looking at it, that's my guess. Also, could be a problem with the computer. With out having any idea what year or model you're driving, it's pretty hard to guess.

Horse,
ASE Cert. mechanic.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #3

its an 02.. but those assumptions make sence to me ill see what i can see... i also noticed that one of my headlights is dimmer than the other.. then when it starts runnin rough its out completely... makes me think its a computer problem, when i turn on my brights or something else it gets nasty.. i dont know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse

Headlights, to my knowledge, don't route through the computer at all. More likely it's a ground problem and that's how it's related.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #5

i guess i should have known that.. ill try and figure it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang