8.8 or 9" rear? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #176
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Plug View Post
you don't want me to go on that site.

ROF-LMFAO!!!! this is gonna get good!
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
I've only helped build an 8 sec 1800 lb car, it's amazing what power to weight can do.

I've also built 8,000lb 10 sec trucks, but I guess i don't know what I'm talking about

I built them, not the "i know a guy who knows a guy, who saw someone at some track do it."

But then again, I guess you'd probably assume that a 400 dual stage shot of juice would blow up a stock diesel as well.
no i wouldn't. we used to spray ALOT of nitrous. properly tuned nitrous doesn't hurt anything. nitrous only messes stuff up when it is not used properly or is not tuned right. and if you've built fast stuff how can u say that it cost the same to go 7's as it does 10's? that's rediculous. as soon as u go 9.99s you have to have alot of SFI certified stuff, go faster and chassis upgrades are required, certified roll cages, etc. costs go up the faster u go.
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #178
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww L&S, are they still in business? All I ever heard was horror stories.
And that's about all you will ever hear about them is horror stories....except from the weird few that have been brain washed into thinking they are good...including the guy who had L&N blow up 2 of his motors yet he still says they are great.

And yes...they are still open.
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

buddy had vinces old cobra motor out of the silver vert. i think it was blown up several times. i wouldn't let vince fix me a pot of coffe.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #180
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Ok Jarrod...face it. You're stupid.

You will not make anywhere near the power you want on kyles car. The only way you will be able to is with a turbo or if he buys my blower from me....or the one you have on the shelf at the shop.

You are just going to be wasting kyles money in this build. I'm going to tell him to go to L&S instead because you are completely clueless.

Where did this come from?
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #181
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
buddy had vinces old cobra motor out of the silver vert. i think it was blown up several times. i wouldn't let vince fix me a pot of coffe.
I received a flier in the mail when I moved into my current house offering a free oil change...yeah, I don't trust them to change my oil.

And yes, that motor was blown up...when it was in the cobra it was blown up by Vince.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

this threads gotten quite interesting lol
Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #183
Road Trip!

i agree totally with robs post.and we are not clueless to the diesel world, um one of our other good friends has one of the fastest diesels in his class
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #184
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Where did this come from?
It came from your statements that you can't make high power with the more efficient procharger but can make high power with the less efficient eaton.

So....he is stupid for thinking efficiency will help him make power....and that he is going to waste kyle's money when he comes over there and kyle will just be disappointed.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #185
Road Trip!

Quote:
It came from your statements that you can't make high power with the more efficient procharger but can make high power with the less efficient eaton.

So....he is stupid for thinking efficiency will help him make power....and that he is going to waste kyle's money when he comes over there and kyle will just be disappointed.

Just going by what I know, unless hes planning on using race gas to get numbers.

It took all this to get 495rwhp from a D1(sae-5):

4.3L w/ProCharger D1-SC @ 18 psi,Super Six ported lower, Redline cut-n-weld upper, Phenolic spacer, Comp cam 228/238 .600/.596 lift and 116 lobe sep., Delk heads w/8 mm valves, 9:1 compression ratio, Delk main cap girdle, no balancer shaft, cam thrust bearing, H-series main & rod bearings, 1.73 Comp stud roller rockers, Comp high-rev lifters, 3" intakes, 32" 3-core intercooler, 05 slot style MAF, 71 mm throttle body, 1 7/8" shortie headers into 3" collectors, high-flow cats, 8-rib pulley system, 60 lb injectors, twin GT40 pumps, 8 gauge fuel pump wiring, -8AN fuel line, MSD DIS-4 spark boost, timing at 18.5 degrees on 93 octane, SCT chip, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears and alum drive shaft.

And he wants 600rwhp right?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

i think i'm dumber after reading this thread.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #187
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

ya'll a bunch of vortech hatas lol j/p j/p
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just going by what I know, unless hes planning on using race gas to get numbers.

4.3L w/ProCharger D1-SC @ 18 psi,Super Six ported lower, Redline cut-n-weld upper, Phenolic spacer, Comp cam 228/238 .600/.596 lift and 116 lobe sep., Delk heads w/8 mm valves, 9:1 compression ratio, Delk main cap girdle, no balancer shaft, cam thrust bearing, H-series main & rod bearings, 1.73 Comp stud roller rockers, Comp high-rev lifters, 3" intakes, 32" 3-core intercooler, 05 slot style MAF, 71 mm throttle body, 1 7/8" shortie headers into 3" collectors, high-flow cats, 8-rib pulley system, 60 lb injectors, twin GT40 pumps, 8 gauge fuel pump wiring, -8AN fuel line, MSD DIS-4 spark boost, timing at 18.5 degrees on 93 octane, SCT chip, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears and alum drive shaft.

that's our point. you have ALL that stuff. and your makin 500rwhp. impressive no doubt. but a bolt on 03 cobra would make those number with less money
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #189
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

No, he wants 10.5's.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #190
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
that's our point. you have ALL that stuff. and your makin 500rwhp. impressive no doubt. but a bolt on 03 cobra would make those number with less money
And his point is that more power than that could be had from the cobra's eaton.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

I NEVER said 7's cost as much to get into as 10's. I said that just about any vehicle compared to just about any other vehicle cost roughly the same total amount, including the car cost, to get to the same 1/4mi time, so 2 7 second cars roughly cost the same amount to build, jsut as 2 10 second cars would cost roughly the same amount to built, if both were built to similar standards in all cases. Anyone can slap together a cheap junker and go fast, but then there are those of us that like to acutally have a nice end product with power too.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #192
Road Trip!

Quote:
The point with that was procharger/centri doesn't seem like the way to make power on the 6.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
i agree totally with robs post.and we are not clueless to the diesel world, um one of our other good friends has one of the fastest diesels in his class
I guess since the engine I built only went into the one that had "WORLD'S FASEST" in it's title as opposed to "ONE OF THE FASTEST IN IT'S CLASS" doesn't mean much, I mean, I didn't earn all those extra words in mine. I could be the worlds fastest in my class if I just narrowed it down to "02 v6's with custom paint in Lafayette," it's pretty easy at that point.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #194
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, I don't know about all y'all, but I can piss in a bucket from 20 feet away.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I don't know about all y'all, but I can piss in a bucket from 20 feet away.
20'6" here. booya! lol. Im abandoning this thread. Goodnight all.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #196
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion1 View Post
20'6" here. booya! lol. Im abandoning this thread. Goodnight all.
Yeah, but I was talking about into the wind during katrina...never tried on a nice clear day....
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

damn I knew there was a catch...hmm, Ive gotten up to 35ft straight down off a roof, that count?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #198
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion1 View Post
damn I knew there was a catch...hmm, Ive gotten up to 35ft straight down off a roof, that count?
The best I've done from a roof was 6 stories I believe it was....something like that anyhow.

But I think my cousin's nephew's aunt's brother's ex-roomate's sister did 25 stories once.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The point with that was procharger/centri doesn't seem like the way to make power on the 6.
so a less efficent eaton would? doesn't make sense. i think a turbo is the best option to make power on smaller motors.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #200
Road Trip!

Quote:
so a less efficent eaton would? doesn't make sense. i think a turbo is the best option to make power on smaller motors.
Find Mysteed or LilRoush [came up with the kit for the m112 on the 3.8L] I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to talk to you about it.

But yes turbo ftw, the gn guys cant have all the fun
Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

a blower doesn't know what motor it's on top off. it does the same thing regardless. it's been proven on many motors that a centri is more efficent at making power than a roots style, and a turbo is more efficent than both. why does that change when ya put it on a v6?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #202
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
a blower doesn't know what motor it's on top off. it does the same thing regardless. it's been proven on many motors that a centri is more efficent at making power than a roots style, and a turbo is more efficent than both. why does that change when ya put it on a v6?
Because it has less cylinders so they make more boost than on 8s.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

It hasn't necessarily been found factual that the M112 produces more boost at the same rpm on a 6 over an 8, but when you slap a stock M112 on a 6, you get 13psi. We have to run a 42% UDP to get it down to 6psi, but I know one guy very well that is getting 8psi out of his, and the only difference is P&P lower intake and heads. I don't understand how he's getting MORE boost out of it, but he is. There are a few VERY long threads about it, but it seems to happen every time.

I just think that the stock eaton on a stock 3.8 only get more boost is bacuase of the rpm of the blower itself and nothing else.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #204
Road Trip!

doesent mean it makes more power than on a cobra just because it makes more boost...

and i said yancys truck is one of the fastest because i know that nobody wins every single event...i guarantee you you have no machine like the one im talking about since his truck was fast enough with a STOCK motor to win an event and pick up GARRET TURBOS as a sponsor...and was featured in the diesel power magazene (in october i think) because of the track times he was running on a stock drivetrain... how big of a check did you get for being the "fastest"?

if you think me and sparkplug are incompetent when it comes to vehicles...sparkplug has had some of the fastest vehicles around here including a dakota that would skulldrag many of the fast cars on this site and v6s that were well respected locally among the LSX and Mustang crowd. and i am partners in a performance shop that touches 500+ hp cars on a regular basis, im not trying to have a penis competition, im stating simple facts. there are way more 10 sec cobras running around than there are 10 sec v6s.hell almost every cobra now days runs at least high 11s, you rarely see a 6 do that...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not trying to downplay your experience nor call either of you incompetent, but niether one of you seem to want to hear what has been done with v6's from people who are doing it. You've just been interjecting your opinions on something that you haven't done the research or work on like the mere 2 of us on here have. I'm also new to THIS site, so I have to take a second when I read what y'all are saying and figure out if you bs'ing or really know what you're talking about or what you are basing your suggestions off of.

It came off to me that you guys came into this thread just saying NO IT CAN'T BE DONE, without being willing wait a minute an allowing us to prove that it is can be done and is being done.

I was fukkin with y'alls comments just as much you were mine as well. I'm not trying to get in some heated debate, just merely wanting to share ideas and experience, which I think is the whole point of forums like this.

And I got a check every 2 weeks for building my World's Fastes Engine, I did it for a living when I was in Houston, I've also had several trucks featured in Diesel Power, 8-Lug, Truckin', and a few others. None of them were mine, just ones that I did the work on. If you've ever heard of Snow White, that's the engine I built. The baddest one didn't make it past the 60' before blowing 5 freeze plugs and breaking in half. I still have the pics to show the damage.

If you've ever seen Danny's truck from Slidell, Lambo Orange F250 with Stacks on 37's, I did a few of his engines including the one in his toyota dragster, also redid the lift and the tranny. His truck has been in Diesel power quite a few times. I'm actually helping out a buddy in Houston finish doing the twin turbo Cummins install for his 06 F250, which will hopefull run better the built 6.0 ever did.

I don't expect you guys to know that I acutally DO KNOW what i'm talking about with the sixers because you don't know me either, but there are just things that many don't know about the 6ers which still suprise me on a regular basis, that you can't know unless you're in it every day. Hell a 3.8 block can handle over 700hp without splitting, on a stock 4.2L crank. There are these odd little things about this engine that are really making it a fun build, while at the same time being a total headache since we lack a vast amount of aftermarket support.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #206
Road Trip!

Well of course you see more cobras running 10 huge aftermarket... But then again I see enough supercoupes running high / mids 10s.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #207
Road Trip!

i meant a sponsor check.if you have ever made a deisel event, he has the 1/2 ton duramax, black with blue lightning.its one of the fastest at the events.

i know there are cars doing these numbers and i know its capable, i actually have the task of pulling those numbers out of kyles car, but i found it isnt as easy as doing it to a v8, for example, on a cobra you dont have to change a cam to make 500hp, or rods or a crank, or lifters,or anything else other than a blower or pulley

there may be enough supercoupes running those times, but is it even comparable to the number of cobras running those numbers?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #208
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
i meant a sponsor check.if you have ever made a deisel event, he has the 1/2 ton duramax, black with blue lightning.its one of the fastest at the events.

i know there are cars doing these numbers and i know its capable, i actually have the task of pulling those numbers out of kyles car, but i found it isnt as easy as doing it to a v8, for example, on a cobra you dont have to change a cam to make 500hp, or rods or a crank, or lifters,or anything else other than a blower or pulley

there may be enough supercoupes running those times, but is it even comparable to the number of cobras running those numbers?
Justin S ran 10s on his stock turbo 3.8L infact hes selling the kit I think.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

my arguement is not in that fact that a v6 can't go fast, it's about cost efectiveness. your saying that you can go 10's with a v6, i never doubted that. i've seen some grand nationals go 8's with a 3.8 and turbo, but i disagree with your reasoning on some things. first the centi blower vs roots. your saying the roots type will make more boost on a v6 compared to a v8. how does that matter? woooopppiiidoooo. boost is boost no matter how it is made, but the centri blower can make more power out of the same boost level since it is more efficent, and a turbo more power at lower boost again because it is efficent. again i am not saying you can't make power with a v6, it is just gonna cost alot more money than it would to do a v8.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #210
Road Trip!

^+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang