8.8 or 9" rear? - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

I know what truck you're talking about, I personally would have gone Cummins over a Duramax though. I've never been a fan of the Duramax and Allison, always hated working on them. Doesn't he run 12's? I haven't seen it run in about a year I wanna say, and I only saw it once, and can't remember the time for the life of me. I've made a few diesel events, considering the shop I worked for is the host sponsor for DHRA in Houston at Baytown.

here's a few pics, we also pwned the ***** out of Turbonetics' golf cart! lol

There are no "sponsor checks" when the shop you work for is the only sponsor.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

BTW, I used to work for DI Performance, so if you follow any of the diesel mags, that should show up quite a bit throughout the year on various trucks.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

he has PPE as a sponser, it was running 12's, 11's on nitrous. it now has an upgraded turbo, duel fueler pump, and some more chips, not sure what all he's got. should be in the 10's now without the nitrous. he's one of my best friends. he was plannin on going to some DHRA events but he's been busy with his business
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #214
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

why did you delete this?
Quote:
Well you tell me whats wrong.
11psi procharger guys are making like 320rwhp/330rwtq and 6psi m112 guys are making 320/410 ?!
Last I knew, the 6 psi on the 3.8's were making mid 200s, not low 300s. Then again, that's 2 year old information.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #215
Road Trip!

update...i think he said it has been 10s off of the spray, seen him at troys the other day.. it went that the night he broke the driveshaft in half.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #216
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
why did you delete this?

Last I knew, the 6 psi on the 3.8's were making mid 200s, not low 300s. Then again, that's 2 year old information.

hahaha:admin::cop: i didnt know yall could do that lol
Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #217
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
why did you delete this?

I was trying to get you graphs but I cant find the one with the boost on it (for the m112)

My car was seeing 7.5 psi with imrc's stuck open and some funky spark issues and made 255rwhp/270tq sae5
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said, it's been a long time since I've been to the track lol

I've been out of the Diesel game since early 07 and had to miss last years DHRA event because of work. It's amazing what you can do when you basically have an indestructable stock engine lol
Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #219
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
hahaha:admin::cop: i didnt know yall could do that lol
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Fail.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

First off, thanks for this thread. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard at opinions being offered as fact. No way I'm going point out all the wrong info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I started mine N/A at 247/253. So if you need boost to get 200, someone messed up BIG TIME on their build.
Derrick made the numbers posted on minimal boost with the M112 set up. Gary made 660 at the wheels with 17 psi. The V6 motors flow air much better than what most are doing with both the 2V and 4V motors. Gary also used to run the F1 Pro Charger on his car, but it wasn't working out for his application. (A blower is only as good as it's application.)

A 500 hp V6 isn't in the 'big boy' V6 club anymore. The top runners are 900 flywheel right now. I'd put a bet that 1,000 will be within the year.
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #222
Regular

Region: Tennessee

How many top runners are there with 900 at the flywheel though? I don't doubt V6's can make power but there is a reason V8 owners aren't ditching their extra two cylinders to build up V6's. I used to own a 4.3L 96 Mustang, so I'm not hatin, just saying.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #223
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

i've yet to see a picture or video of the magnificent 600+ v6...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #224
Road Trip!

i know i line up with 500-600hp cobras on a regular basis,havent come across a v6 of that class YET.....cobras have already seen 1000 flywheel hp, no doubt you can make power with a v6, anything can be fast with money, i just dont see how an m112 eaton make so much power with so much heat, also i dont see how a v6 head can flow more than a cobra but a cobra blower makes more boost on a v6 than a cobra...id like to see flow charts to back that up, if not then ill strap some to a flow bench and see for myself, im all for making poower with what you have, in fact we are getting started on a turbo build for a customer and im extremely excited to see what it does, and possibly hurt some feelings with it, but i know its not going to make cobra power.and we are doing it with a intercooled turbo instead of a heat-soaked eaton.i may be stating opinions now and then but they are all based on facts from building and racing all different types of cars.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

So because YOU haven't seen a pic of one OR pulled up next to one, it doesn't exist?

It's kinda hard to see what it is that you pull up to when your hood latch is touching your roof!

So I guess the 9-sec V6 isn't enough. HP is not magic, anyone can make it. It doesn't take 100 years of experience to slap together an already known power combination and get it to the ground.
I bash Rob for running IRS even though there is an IRS that runs 9's. Although I don't know if I believe it since "I've never pulled up next to it."
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #226
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

not saying it doesn't exist, a 600+ 9sec v6 or whatever, seems like that'd be an accomplishment and would be in SOME magazine or somewhere.... but.... i type it in google, and google's response is: LOL

yea, im sure there is something out there, but there's the delky turbo v6 here that is fast and in 10s, but i don't see this eaton crap, never was mentioned before except for a few little things but nothing with these high output horsepower motors.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #227
Road Trip!

Quote:
i know i line up with 500-600hp cobras on a regular basis,havent come across a v6 of that class YET.....cobras have already seen 1000 flywheel hp, no doubt you can make power with a v6, anything can be fast with money, i just dont see how an m112 eaton make so much power with so much heat, also i dont see how a v6 head can flow more than a cobra but a cobra blower makes more boost on a v6 than a cobra...id like to see flow charts to back that up, if not then ill strap some to a flow bench and see for myself, im all for making poower with what you have, in fact we are getting started on a turbo build for a customer and im extremely excited to see what it does, and possibly hurt some feelings with it, but i know its not going to make cobra power.and we are doing it with a intercooled turbo instead of a heat-soaked eaton.i may be stating opinions now and then but they are all based on facts from building and racing all different types of cars.
^^^ nowhere in there does it say it doesent exist dude, im building one for kyle as we speak(which is gonna skull-drag your eaton)....i just said they arent as common.go ahead and joke about the hood..if it makes you feel better. clearly its all the ammunition you have and you enjoy seeing other peoples things get destroyed,i will never poke jokes at the destruction of somebody elses vehicle... i have more time and money in my front end then you have in your entire car.and i dont pay people to do my work, that entire car was built by ME and ME only from suspension to engine work to paint.. it was all done by me, when somebody smashes your custom paint job imma lmao because you have to pay somebody to fix it, if i had the materials here right now i could have it repaired for friday..thing is i dont sweat little **** like that.so go ahead and play it out... because it doesent bother me.people like you get devistated over a small incident like that..bring your car her any time you are ready, and ill put money on the outcome.busted glass or not.i dont have to see out of the front glass to know where you will be but you gotta out-run my hemi first....

last time i pulled up next to a v6, i was looking through my side glass, only for a few seconds..then i was looking through the rearview mirror...never had a use for the windsheild anyways.

its not about expierience, its about what works...you just admitted people know whats easier to make power with and i believe you were talking about v8s
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #228
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
last time i pulled up next to a v6, i was looking through my side glass, only for a few seconds..then i was looking through the rearview mirror...never had a use for the windsheild anyways.

Well, technically, you needed the front windshield for the rear view mirror...but...the side views would have worked just as well so I get what you're saying.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #229
Road Trip!

the rearview mirror still works right now!!!!, ill race him todayif it his woulda been there sat,, i would have raced him post-incident.

i only have a drivers mirror
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #230
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'll vouch for Gary's car. It should be back up and going here soon with the new tranny, just taking some time since he's remodeling the restaraunt right now too. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go hit him up for some lunch, be back in a bit.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

haha you guys crack me up.
Want to see them in magazines? Why? Maybe they don't need other people to tell them they are cool.
That "Delk tubro V6 running 10s" is a nine second car now that makes another 100 hp more than it did when MM/FF did the write up. If you cant' find it, maybe you need to learn how to use the internet??? (I'm just saying...) Try this: Matt's best was a 9.76@139 at one point. Then he started a different set up going again. Gary's car is putting down more power than Matt's now.. so it should be fun to see what times he lays down now.
Super Six had a write up on their coupe a few years back when it was a 10 second car. They started over and are going with a boosted set up now instead of spray. They also have a '79 coupe that will be an N/A car.

As for the M112 on a V6... we are seeing up to 18 rwhp per psi of boost on stock cars. (most see 15-16). With a good set of heads and a well matched cam, you only make it better.

For flow #'s being better than V8 cars - it's all in how you do it. If someone wants to flow test a test of heads, buy a set and see what they do. When Gary knocked out 660 rwhp with only 17 psi says alot.

Should we talk about Justin (VMP) putting down 450 rwhp with a 100% stock 3.8L and just a turbo set up and fuel system? Or is that too much of a touchy subject?

All in all, sure - most aren't going to hear about these cars, much less run into them. But they are out there, so don't think it can't be done. I've taken up the challenge a few times to do the whole "Start from zero, and build a V6 to be more powerful than a same year V8 with less money" and done it. You just have to step away from the "I need a V8" mentality. And please don't go calling me a V6 hugger or some kid who has never had a V8. I've had an '81 and '82 hatches in high school, stepped to a suspension modded '90 GT vert in college, then a 347 powered '93 GT vert, a stockish '90 chrome yellow 5.0LX vert, a '90 LX hatch and still am working on the built 351 '70 Mach 1. Also made a SC'd Explorer Sport for a daily driver last year.
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #232
Road Trip!

NEVER SAID IT COULDNT BE DONE!!!!!!!! yall expect us to believe anything you say when you cant even comprehend a simple paragraph????? i said its less likey to see one,the turbo is not a touchy subject, go back and read(if you can) and see where i said im building one for a customer..we will see what his makes but i can tell you he is going to spend the same amount building his v6 as i am building my turbo set-up for my cobra and gonna have 33% less power.please elaborate on this because we are doing pretty much the same exact kit and supporting mods where mine will make about 800rwhp and his will max at 600, in no way did i say they didnt exist, im saying if its so easy, why is everybody building these slouchy cobras? i dont give a rats *** about a magazene, id rather see one in person instead of hearing about the same 3-5 cars all the time...oh yeah madman runs 7.0s with his cobra....jay went 8.20s with his... do it with a v6, these guys are rare cases and i dont use them for my argument, i bet there are more 500hp cobras around than 500hp v6s...

as far as flow numbers, its not how you do it, flow each head on a flow bench and get the numbers...there is no "how you want to do it" i can guarantee you a v6 head does not flow as good as a 4v cobra head...this statement contradicts the statement that the v6 makes more power per lb of boost becuae its a smaller motor.. so it makes mor boost than a cobra with the same blower while flowing better???

i figure 18psi of boost,X 18hp per psi= 324 add to say original 200 hp= 524hp, do you realize what 18psi of turbo makes on a stock cobra? 700hp
Old 07-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #233
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRoush View Post
When Gary knocked out 660 rwhp with only 17 psi says alot.

Should we talk about Justin (VMP) putting down 450 rwhp with a 100% stock 3.8L and just a turbo set up and fuel system? Or is that too much of a touchy subject?

We're not saying you can't get power out of a v6. What we are questioning is the claims of so much more power out of the V6 with less air and hotter air than the cobra counter part.

Now, gary's car. Is that an Eaton M112 car? If not, then his numbers don't matter in this discussion.

If it is, what else is he running besides an M112? Is he cooling his intake temps with a shot of nitrous?

The idea of 660 rwhp out of just an M112 is real far out there. 17 psi on a V6 is much less air than 17 psi on a cobra motor specially with a positive displacement blower...and that is where all the debate is coming in. 660 is completely unattainable in a cobra with an eaton unless they spray. So, to think a V6 could do it with just the eaton is pretty hard to imagine.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

i thought we already had this entire conversation.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #235
Road Trip!

we did but somebody else posted some insight
Old 07-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

everyone is talkin but no one is really saying anything. YES v6's can make power but they take more money and are harder to make the same power as a v8. so what are ya'll still arguing about? a v6 and a v8 will not make the same power with the same boost levels.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I tihnk thats been said about 50 times now. Its just that 2 people dont understand it.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #238
Road Trip!

you can make more hp per lbs of boost, but when you start 150 less than the v8 you have some catching up to do.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #239
Road Trip!

Quote:
you can make more hp per lbs of boost, but when you start 150 less than the v8 you have some catching up to do.
not if you have an eaton on a v6... duhhh!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

^^I love it
The old saying there is no replacement for displacement. completely applies here
Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #241
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
^^I love it
The old saying there is no replacement for displacement.
+1 sir
Old 07-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
I tihnk thats been said about 50 times now. Its just that 2 people dont understand it.
yea, i keep seeing post after post about a v6 makin xxxhp and another running xxx 1/4 mile times. no one is saying they can't be made to run, i've seen a 3.8 turbo grand national that can run 8's. but you can't compare a
v6 to a v8 with simailar mods and say they can make the same hp with the same mods. deja vu has happened way too much here. i think i'll continue this argument with the wall, at least the wall doesn't keep repeating the same thing over and over
Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Plug View Post
yea, i keep seeing post after post about a v6 makin xxxhp and another running xxx 1/4 mile times. no one is saying they can't be made to run, i've seen a 3.8 turbo grand national that can run 8's. but you can't compare a
v6 to a v8 with simailar mods and say they can make the same hp with the same mods. deja vu has happened way too much here. i think i'll continue this argument with the wall, at least the wall doesn't keep repeating the same thing over and over
+1
Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #244
Road Trip!

... so i wonder if i should get an 8.8 or 9" rear... i mean.... that is what the thread is about.......right?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Id say 8.8

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang