8.8 or 9" rear? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #281
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

4WD silly!!!! never heard of the v6 mustang sport???
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

I wonder if there's ever been any other high horsepower v6's?

I swear I think I'm surrounded by retards sometimes.



And if you do RESEARCH you'll see that the mustang and the grand national pretty much share the exact same engineering properites on the engines.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spark Plug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 272
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

if you go back and read my posts, i've mentioned seeing grand nationals runnin in the 8's and 9's with v6's. so YEAH we've seen some fast v6's.
__________________
Spark Plug Racing- "If it Breaks It Was Meant To Be Upgraded
2003 Dodge Ram HEMI
2008 Suzuki Kingquad 750 4x4
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #284
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

This isn't their best runs but its a run!



VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Plug View Post
if you go back and read my posts, i've mentioned seeing grand nationals runnin in the 8's and 9's with v6's. so YEAH we've seen some fast v6's.
I wasn't talking about you, I was talkin about "SuperHood" lol

Oh and speakin of hoods....
Call MPS Auto Salvage and theirs are the Keanan's which don't require any bodywork, and only cost $480 shipped. I got mine in 4 days. They are the same company that makes Steeda's hoods.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spark Plug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 272
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

yeah jarrod had mentioned them. i think he is in the market for a new hood.
__________________
Spark Plug Racing- "If it Breaks It Was Meant To Be Upgraded
2003 Dodge Ram HEMI
2008 Suzuki Kingquad 750 4x4
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #287
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

That's where I got mine and it went on very clean. It was perfectly smooth and extremely light while still being very strong. It's got a very thick latching plate that's mounted with 4 big rivets too.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #288
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

first of all, these cars dont qualify for an eaton coversation if they have turbo...

second HEY EVERYBODY, JARRODS HOOD BROKE HIS GLASS...

ok now that is out there, come up with some new material, my car will skulldrag yours anytime you want....busted glass or not $500 come get you some!!!!! hell, ill take the hood completely off, because ill just use the money that i get from blowing your doors off to buy a new one.... have a nice day
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #289
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
first of all, these cars dont qualify for an eaton coversation if they have turbo...
I gave up...the debate wasn't whether a 6er can make power, it's whether a 6er can make more power than a cobra with the same supercharger....which the answer is no. The examples being given are all turboed cars...not eaton cars. 600+ on an eaton without spray on a 6 has be debunked.

Never once did we say you can't make power in a 6. Statements were it is a ton cheaper to make power on an 8 than it is a 6...not that you couldn't make it.

However, we pissed in the 6er's cheerios so now they need to keep posting completely off topic to prove their points.

By the way Jarrod....do you still need to borrow my glass cleaner?
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #290
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

clearly a v6 cant make 1500hp like a TWIN TURBO COBRA!!!!!! but i still keep seeing turbo v-6s posted up, i dont like getting crude with things until people start calling me names and insulting my intelligence, consider my cheerios pissed in.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #291
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spark Plug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 272
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

im a dirty bastard
__________________
Spark Plug Racing- "If it Breaks It Was Meant To Be Upgraded
2003 Dodge Ram HEMI
2008 Suzuki Kingquad 750 4x4
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #292
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I gave up...the debate wasn't whether a 6er can make power, it's whether a 6er can make more power than a cobra with the same supercharger....which the answer is no. The examples being given are all turboed cars...not eaton cars. 600+ on an eaton without spray on a 6 has be debunked.

Never once did we say you can't make power in a 6. Statements were it is a ton cheaper to make power on an 8 than it is a 6...not that you couldn't make it.

However, we pissed in the 6er's cheerios so now they need to keep posting completely off topic to prove their points.

By the way Jarrod....do you still need to borrow my glass cleaner?
*Hey because I've never been to the moon does that mean it doesn't exist? *So because you've never seen the 600hp eaton monster that means it doesn't exist right?

Not that I care about the eaton boys anyway because turbo>eaton anyway and that's what I'm going with but Its been done, once....

Anybody know what the highest rwhp is on a stock block cobra?
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #293
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Kyle's taken more abuse on here lately than anyone and he doesn't start pissing and moaning like you are.

Actually, he did start pissing and moaning on here and on another forum.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #294
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Actually, he did start pissing and moaning on here and on another forum.
eh, i must have missed it lol
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #295
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
*Hey because I've never been to the moon does that mean it doesn't exist? *So because you've never seen the 600hp eaton monster that means it doesn't exist right?

Not that I care about the eaton boys anyway because turbo>eaton anyway and that's what I'm going with but Its been done, once....

Anybody know what the highest rwhp is on a stock block cobra?
The point is, the examples given that you can reach 600 on a 6 with an eaton without spray have all been turboed cars. No one has posted the sample eaton v6 with 600 rwhp.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #296
Registered Member
Regular
 
LilRoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Wait, I thought we started talking about V6 M112'd vs Cobra M112'd making power... then someone said a turbo Cobra will bleh bleh bleh...

Did someone prove an Eaton V6 didn't make as much power as the Eaton Cobra owners? I must have missed that post. My car made 24 hp per psi in lower rpms and dropped to 22 a higher rmps. At its high point I had it pullied for 18 psi. My N/A 4.2L dyno was 247/256 @ the wheels. But I didn't send out a press release about it. Sorry.

A turbo V6 was brought up to show that motor can make more power on less psi vs a V8- just to prove CFM can match the V8 cars when done right.
__________________
~Matt
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Rob, you were there, hell it was at your house, and I'm pretty sure you heard me say that I wasn't sure if my plan was going to work, which is why I was looking at your ported Eaton and talking about getting a Whipple or KB. We even discussed some of the reasoning behind the theory and and I think some of the others are just overcomplicating it.

This whole thing has gone soooo far off-topic it's rediculous.

I think we were discussing what rear would be better on a bolt-on only 6er, and it turned in to "bash the 6ers for trying to make power with Cobra parts"
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #298
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

No, no one proved that an m112 eaton V6 can make more power than an m112 eaton cobra...and that's where the main problem lies, then the discussion went turbo.

The claim was that the m112 on a V6 can make more power than it will on the cobra because the V6 will out flow a 4 valve cobra and generate more boost...even though that higher boost level is the same amount of air as the lower boost level of the cobra because a positive displacement blower only moves X amount of air per revolution no matter if it is on a 1 cylinder or a 20 cylinder motor.

That's where the heated debate came from. no one has proven that 600 RWHP is attainable on a V6 with an eaton m112....and it has only been done on 1 or 2 03/04 cobras with a ton of additional mods and spinning that thing ridiculously hard.

So, that's the problem in this thread....that you can make more power on the smaller motor with the same blower than you can on the bigger displacement motor...and that the more efficient supercharger sucks on a V6 when it shines on the V8 (Procharger D1) while the inefficient supercharger shines on the V6 and sucks on the V8 (Eaton m112)

The turbo talk was just a side topic that came up.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #299
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Rob, you were there, hell it was at your house, and I'm pretty sure you heard me say that I wasn't sure if my plan was going to work, which is why I was looking at your ported Eaton and talking about getting a Whipple or KB. We even discussed some of the reasoning behind the theory and and I think some of the others are just overcomplicating it.

This whole thing has gone soooo far off-topic it's rediculous.

I think we were discussing what rear would be better on a bolt-on only 6er, and it turned in to "bash the 6ers for trying to make power with Cobra parts"
It is getting over complicated in here....and the thread is pretty much running out of room.

The eaton is a cool concept on the 6er...and makes for a nice talking point, but, in my opinion it's not a good way to get power since it is so inefficient and generates so much heat. Not to mention, it will just take even more power for a 6 to spin that thing because of the higher PSI temps that the cost of the gains will outweigh the benefits at some point.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #300
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It is getting over complicated in here....and the thread is pretty much running out of room.

The eaton is a cool concept on the 6er...and makes for a nice talking point, but, in my opinion it's not a good way to get power since it is so inefficient and generates so much heat. Not to mention, it will just take even more power for a 6 to spin that thing because of the higher PSI temps that the cost of the gains will outweigh the benefits at some point.
Then neither would a procharger setup since every eaton v6 setup has made more hp/tq @ the same boost levels as procharger setups.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spark Plug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 272
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

i prefer milk over piss in my cheerios
__________________
Spark Plug Racing- "If it Breaks It Was Meant To Be Upgraded
2003 Dodge Ram HEMI
2008 Suzuki Kingquad 750 4x4
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Then neither would a procharger setup since every eaton v6 setup has made more hp/tq @ the same boost levels as procharger setups.

No, Kyle, that's not what he means. I only know because i actually talked to him in person about it.

The main issue is the retarded IAT's that i'm gonna have to overcome in order to safely make power running big boost like I would more easily be able to accomplish with a turbo/centri setup.

For my application, it can ONLY be a talking point, since it has yet to be done the way i plan to do it. But like I mentioned before KB has a contingency available if I need to resort to it, and that's mainly for efficiency and heat. A big KB will barely be working and giving me more than enough pressure, hopefully providing much less heat.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #303
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
No, Kyle, that's not what he means. I only know because i actually talked to him in person about it.

The main issue is the retarded IAT's that i'm gonna have to overcome in order to safely make power running big boost like I would more easily be able to accomplish with a turbo/centri setup.

For my application, it can ONLY be a talking point, since it has yet to be done the way i plan to do it. But like I mentioned before KB has a contingency available if I need to resort to it, and that's mainly for efficiency and heat. A big KB will barely be working and giving me more than enough pressure, hopefully providing much less heat.
How retarded do they get? My vortech setup saw 212degree iat temps all the time....
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #304
Road Trip!
 
Cajun JungleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,147
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

lol sparkplug, ever put chocolate milk with coco puffs... good ****...

but to get back on topic, someone said this eaton on their 4.2 or 4.3 stroker? this true? from what i understood, this was supposed to be about a stock v6 block with a silly m112 on it compared to a cobra with a m112 on it.... maybe im retarded (okay i am retarded), but i swear i read that as the original comment...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
How retarded do they get? My vortech setup saw 212degree iat temps all the time....

At what psi? Consider I plan to run 20psi+/-

People are seeing 225* @ 15psi, I want to keep my IAT's down and keep my power up, that's why I may go to the whipple or kb. Unless some form of intercooling can be figured out.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #306
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
At what psi? Consider I plan to run 20psi+/-

People are seeing 225* @ 15psi, I want to keep my IAT's down and keep my power up, that's why I may go to the whipple or kb. Unless some form of intercooling can be figured out.

Somebody is going built I see...
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Shhhhhhh
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular
 
LilRoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

I saw low 200's with mine with the pored blower.

Dollar for dollar.... Eaton power can't be beat when the M112, starter level V6 ProCharger kits and starter level V6 Vortech kits go head to head.
__________________
~Matt
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #309
Road Trip!
 
Cajun JungleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,147
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

duh, nothing is greater than a v6 with an eaton.... gosh i thought we said thisk 210349823094 times
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:33 AM   #310
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spark Plug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 272
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

popcorn?
__________________
Spark Plug Racing- "If it Breaks It Was Meant To Be Upgraded
2003 Dodge Ram HEMI
2008 Suzuki Kingquad 750 4x4
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:43 AM   #311
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

I can has popcorn?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #312
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Interesting...

On the topic of car talk [won't join the personal insult part i'll have some popcorn with the rest of you].

Seriously I'm a car person anything that came with 190(160rwhp) and has 300hp is impressive. Somebody spent time and money on a vehicle I don't care what it is.

Also the eaton m112 on a v6 however you slice it still makes more hp/psi than procharger and vortech kits at the same psi. Buy what form of witchcraft and magic I'm not sure but dyno sheets don't lie ..(well some do but thats another story all together)

And sure a twin turbo 03 cobra on a stock block should and will make more hp than a twin turbo 3.8L mustang. But at an almost 10,000$ more MSRP than the v6.

Now can we all get along and start bad mouthing the LS1 guys
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:08 AM   #313
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scorpion1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manheim
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 194
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Rob, you were there, hell it was at your house, and I'm pretty sure you heard me say that I wasn't sure if my plan was going to work, which is why I was looking at your ported Eaton and talking about getting a Whipple or KB. We even discussed some of the reasoning behind the theory and and I think some of the others are just overcomplicating it.

This whole thing has gone soooo far off-topic it's rediculous.

I think we were discussing what rear would be better on a bolt-on only 6er, and it turned in to "bash the 6ers for trying to make power with Cobra parts
"
kinda suprised someone cought this haha. So anyways, is their a bolt on kit for the M112 yet or is it still DIY? Maybe I missed the answer when I asked erlier in the thread.2:
__________________
WiCK3D_SiX
Scorpion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:29 AM   #314
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion1 View Post
kinda suprised someone cought this haha. So anyways, is their a bolt on kit for the M112 yet or is it still DIY? Maybe I missed the answer when I asked erlier in the thread.2:
Mysteed (on 3.8/v6power) sells the kit.
SSMS sells just the adapter plate if your that DIY kinda guy...
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #315
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: 8.8 or 9" rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Interesting...

On the topic of car talk [won't join the personal insult part i'll have some popcorn with the rest of you].

Seriously I'm a car person anything that came with 190(160rwhp) and has 300hp is impressive. Somebody spent time and money on a vehicle I don't care what it is.

Also the eaton m112 on a v6 however you slice it still makes more hp/psi than procharger and vortech kits at the same psi. Buy what form of witchcraft and magic I'm not sure but dyno sheets don't lie ..(well some do but thats another story all together)

And sure a twin turbo 03 cobra on a stock block should and will make more hp than a twin turbo 3.8L mustang. But at an almost 10,000$ more MSRP than the v6.

Now can we all get along and start bad mouthing the LS1 guys
the personal insults started with the ****** comment and insulting my ability to build an engine when the person insulting my engine building skills doesent have a car that will out run an engine ive built.

it is impressive to me to double a cars horsepower no doubt,aparently the eaton makes more power but i havent seen a dyno sheet of the eaton atXX psi or a procharger at XX psi, i know the procharger is intercooled though which is why im a little skeptikal.and with an intercooler, i know more boost can be acheived because of the lesser chance of detonation.

tt cobra @ 1000hp argument was never about the price of the car, but the potential of the motor, i would hope the cobra would cost more than the v6 considering it has twice the horsepower with the same mods.but it was stated that the v6 has more power potential than a cobra, and i think that should have been "better improvement over stock with an eaton"
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swap in an 8.8" carrier into a 7.5" rear end? PureVenom Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 04-09-2008 09:02 PM
9" rear ends FMFC Classic Mustangs 1 07-20-2006 09:18 AM
Cobra rear bumper (with "cobra" sanded out) KyleUSAF Mustang Audio & Video 30 03-01-2005 11:49 AM
8.8" rear help jimmy_beaner Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 52 09-07-2004 09:31 PM
8.8" rear end.... jimmy_beaner Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 09-01-2004 10:20 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.