Differental Gears - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Differental Gears

If i order the ford racing LSD for my v6, will the motive 3.73s fit right in or would i have to go with the ford racing 3.73s? thanks
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
They should be fine if they are for a 7.5"
I'm guessing there is a price diff in the gears?
Pay the extra $$ and get the Ford Racing gears.. Don't cheap out.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
They should be fine if they are for a 7.5"
I'm guessing there is a price diff in the gears?
Pay the extra $$ and get the Ford Racing gears.. Don't cheap out.
its $10, thats nothing. but the motives have more reviews than the ford racing gears on AM. so i am a little iffy on purchasing something that doesn't have that many reviews. Also what is your opinion on 3.73s vs. 4.10s is one better than the other for city driving? I also have an auto btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
4.10s with the LSD the ford racing gears are amazing... Also the ford t-lok LSD is sold out everywhere and discontinued... Only lsd for our car is the auburn and that's what I got and it's amazing
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

its $10, thats nothing. but the motives have more reviews than the ford racing gears on AM. so i am a little iffy on purchasing something that doesn't have that many reviews. Also what is your opinion on 3.73s vs. 4.10s is one better than the other for city driving? I also have an auto btw.
Like stated above the Auburn is your only option now. The Ford diff is discontinued.

Honestly the Ford gears do not need reviews on anyone's site, anyone in the know will tell you there is no substitute for the FRP gears. They are far and away the best. I would be willing to bet an AM rep here or on the phone would tell you both are good gears but the Ford gears are the best, and at a $10 difference they have essentially nothing to gain by steering you toward the more expensive part. Give them a call or pm The rep here, I'd be interested to hear their take in it.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman92 View Post
4.10s with the LSD the ford racing gears are amazing... Also the ford t-lok LSD is sold out everywhere and discontinued... Only lsd for our car is the auburn and that's what I got and it's amazing
seriously? i found one online and it says its still available. How much did install run you?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote:

Like stated above the Auburn is your only option now. The Ford diff is discontinued.

Honestly the Ford gears do not need reviews on anyone's site, anyone in the know will tell you there is no substitute for the FRP gears. They are far and away the best. I would be willing to bet an AM rep here or on the phone would tell you both are good gears but the Ford gears are the best, and at a $10 difference they have essentially nothing to gain by steering you toward the more expensive part. Give them a call or pm The rep here, I'd be interested to hear their take in it.
thanks for the help! i hate to be a cheapy but being in high school it's a little hard to afford the auburn lsd I hope i can still find one.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

seriously? i found one online and it says its still available. How much did install run you?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

thanks for the help! i hate to be a cheapy but being in high school it's a little hard to afford the auburn lsd I hope i can still find one.
If you can get the Ford Diff new somewhere grab it up. When I said don't cheap out I was referring to the gear set.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you can get the Ford Diff new somewhere grab it up. When I said don't cheap out I was referring to the gear set.
haha i have no problem with spending $10 more but $250 is a different story.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
All the places I called were sold out of the ford one even with it listed on their website and the only reason I did the LSD too was because install was the same price for both. I paid 400 plus 40
For gear oil... Also if you get the gears you have to get the 7.5 bearings installation kit which is another 80 I think
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Motive gears are fine.. No whine from any gears when installed correctly by a professional, you can save or spend the extra $10 either way no problems

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang