Should I buy trade for a GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Should I buy trade for a GT?

Hey! I have a 02 v6 it's that red on in the pictures but there's a place here in town that wants a v6 and there willing to trade an 03 GT for it and I got them my car and 500 for this! Should I do it?

03 GT rebuilt 71,000 miles and a saleen body kit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4254642441.jpg
Views:	2027
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	87103
Brennix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I say go for it!
BBK Cold Air Intake
ChrisMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Do it!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
YES! but if u buy that white gt please remove the saleen stickers

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Seems to good to be true but go for it
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
ask to take it to a shop and have it looked over before you trade. it looks awesome i love the saleen body kit
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Seems too good to be true, that Saleen clone is sexy looking, and why would they just give it up like that. There's a story here that you're not getting, dealers specifically, DO NOT DO THAT. They're in the business of making money.

Get the VIN, and then get a Carfax report on it, study it over. Have the car THOROUGHLY looked over by a pro, look for all the tell-tale repair or damage signs. An engine rebuild and a body kit would have my spider-senses tingling, looking for body damage, flood car issues, etc. Something is up, just gotta find out what, because that car is likely worth more than $500 more than your V6 (no offense intended).
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes +1 ^
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Looks great! If the title and car fax are clean buy and drive it! Wouldn't change a thing! It's a clone, not your average Mis-badge.. From that one pic it looks like a good job was done!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Looks great! If the title and car fax are clean buy and drive it! Wouldn't change a thing! It's a clone, not your average Mis-badge.. From that one pic it looks like a good job was done!
Carfax only shows what is reported to carfax. Its a nice thing to have, but not as reliable as they make it seem. Ive actually seen several vehicles lately with clean carfax reports, but had obvious flood damage or frame damage. With katrina and sandy messing up soo many cars you have to be very careful.

And OP, remember the golden rule: if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. A stock gt is worth way more than your v6, so for them too want only 500, redflag. Its a car lot in the business of making money, not losing it, redflag. Wipe your hands of it and walk away. There is something very wrong with that car.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
This is a very good point, CARFAX is not the authority on all possible damages or issues. I will say it helps to know where the car has been, and what may have happened to it, but in the end a carefully trained eye is your best bet. I've run into this as well where a car had a clear title but had obvious issues. Cars can be transferred from state to state and titles "flipped" and cleaned of any issue, or the issue just never reported in the case of many flood / hurricane / disaster cars. The laws are very different from state to state, so it is very easy to "clean" title to damaged cars in some of them.

Buyer Beware is always the best approach when buying a used car.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang