94-95 4.2 swap return fuel rail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
94-95 4.2 swap return fuel rail

Ok, I've looked and looked, read countless thread after post, and I'm wondering about the return fuel rail setup some have used for the 94-95 4.2 swap. I've heard people have modified returnless fuel rails to work, but I can't find a thread that actually shows what to do exactly with the fuel rail in order to convert it.. is it something so simple I'm just completely missing or what? Lol anyone have a link to a thread or some pics that might solve the confusion?
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
4.2 swap won't bother the fuel setup, it's only if you're doing a splitport swap..

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I thought the 97 f150 4.2's were splitport?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That may be, but it's not required to do a splitport swap to do the 4.2 swap, which direction are you going?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If not, would a split port swap really be worth the added trouble if I'm doing a twin turbo setup? I only intend to do about 10-12 psi with an EXTREMELY good tune. My power goal is around 3-350 hp at the crank

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

If I don't do the split port, I can port and polish the 3.8 heads I have now that are on my 95. P/P, new valvetrain and a valve job. I've heard that good ported single port heads flow just as well for boost as the splitports.. idk about all that though.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
If not, would a split port swap really be worth the added trouble if I'm doing a twin turbo setup? I only intend to do about 10-12 psi with an EXTREMELY good tune. My power goal is around 3-350 hp at the crank
You can do it for the ease of power gain, splitport swap is a 40bhp gain off the bat, and twin turbos with that power goal is a huge waste of money... A nice single turbo setup will get you a long ways, hell you can make over 300hp crank N/A lol

blower/new cam soon
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I may do a larger single turbo. No plans are set in stone for the FI but I do know I don't want to go v8, and I want the power output higher than that of cobras. Just something to toy with out of a sixxer. I know I'm going to be swapping the 7.5 one wheel peel out for a 8.8 tracloc, can't find any reliable info on what the t5 in my car can handle, and if I can find a good set or get my machinist to order me a set it will have forged rods at least.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Reason I'm thinking twins at 350ish is in case I leave it with stock internals, and I can get a set of good td05 turbos really cheap. Fabrication and oil lines etc... I can do that all myself on the cheap. The turbo manifold/s is going to be the stock headers flipped with either flanges on each or a wraparound and the turbo in the front.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hey david, I got the specs on that turbo I said about, its a AiResearch T04 A/R .60 A/R 1.0. Would something like that be good for around 10 pounds of boost? Id like to keep the boost out until about 22-2500 rpm.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang