procharger questions.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
procharger questions..

I have a 2003 v6 and am looking at superchargers and stuff I have about 9k to work with but don't wanna use money unnecessarily ha would u have to upgrade my engine parts pistons injectors exc.. with this charger or can I run it bone stock?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/procha...e2-9903v6.html
mattthegreat210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If your going to daly drive look into this buying this first http://www.moranav6racing.com/catego...?CategoryID=16
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

There is a guy who procharged his 6er, i'll tell him to pop in here and help you out.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Are you looking to go fast and have lots of power or just a project v6? Because if fast and power I would say just sell the v6 and with the money you get form that get a GT I mean 9k is lots of money
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
honestly i'd look into finding a used supercharger kit instead of paying over 4K for a new one

with 9K you can do wonders to that car... shall i make a nice list for you? lol

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
^list it lol iv been saving up and would like to do something like this
813floridaracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie
Are you looking to go fast and have lots of power or just a project v6? Because if fast and power I would say just sell the v6 and with the money you get form that get a GT I mean 9k is lots of money
Well I've had this car for a while I wanna go faster but it just like my car a lot! Ha probably Kuz it was my first car

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
There is a guy who procharged his 6er, i'll tell him to pop in here and help you out.
Ok thanks

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
honestly i'd look into finding a used supercharger kit instead of paying over 4K for a new one

with 9K you can do wonders to that car... shall i make a nice list for you? lol
Yes! That would be great
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 813floridaracin View Post
^list it lol iv been saving up and would like to do something like this
Ive got an overhaul thread with an extensive list of modifications. My budget is about what yours is and ive been accomplishing quite a bit. Best thing to do is plan it all out and know where you want it to end up. Good luck and have fun with it!

Id link my overhaul thread, but im not sure how from my phone.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
if you have 9k to spend sell your v6 and look for a nice 4v...you can find 99 cobras and decent mach 1's for around 10k

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
if you have 9k to spend sell your v6 and look for a nice 4v...you can find 99 cobras and decent mach 1's for around 10k
+1
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

just being honest...i'd rather have a stock 4v over a 12 second v6 lol.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

If you spend 9k on a v6 and can't run 11s something was done wrong.

Which brings me to this point:

- Every car meet I've been to I find a bolt on 4v and people look at it and go *eh another bolt on 4v an keep moving*

- With my car they stop, stare, look all over the engine bay, walk off, walk back to look again, try and find the owner, ask questions, before long I have a crowd gathered to look at the turbo v6

Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG642T View Post
If you spend 9k on a v6 and can't run 11s something was done wrong.

Which brings me to this point:

- Every car meet I've been to I find a bolt on 4v and people look at it and go *eh another bolt on 4v an keep moving*

- With my car they stop, stare, look all over the engine bay, walk off, walk back to look again, try and find the owner, ask questions, before long I have a crowd gathered to look at the turbo v6

I bet that makes you feel so good inside haha
Spencerb102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
sup mattthegreat! I'm the guy soccorluvr was telling you about. I have an 01 V6 with a procharger with the smallest pulley you get away with (3.2") + a bunch of the other s h & t. I would encourage you to buy new, I did, and am still please with the avenue I took. buy new, and there's the piece of mind knowing that the only abuse its seen will be the abuse YOU give it.

You're stock guts will handle around 350hp or so. Some get away with more, some with less on OE bottom end. But, 350 was the fig givin to me by my tuner resources. A base P-1SC w a 2 core intercooler will take you a little over 300hp at the crank. With some pulley swaps you can get it a little closer to 350hp got mine to 340 before I built the bottem end. If you're looking for more power, I'd suggest a D-1SC (which is what I'm upgrading mine to soon).

I saw you only have 9k to work with, davids got some wonderful ideas. I'd suggest a 4:10 gear in there, though I'm positive he'd concur along with also suggesting that avenue as well.

Anywho, just fulfilling a request by a friend. told me about you that you were inquiring about centrifs and such. Can tell you from experience, all these thousands of dollars later, I don't regret one decision. I have had SO much fun with this system. Am eager to upgrade and make more power, explore more things with my V6, achieve faster times at the 1/4.

anyway, get at me if you have anymore questions and concerns about this topic. would be tickled to discuss them further with you.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegreat210 View Post
I have a 2003 v6 and am looking at superchargers and stuff I have about 9k to work with but don't wanna use money unnecessarily ha would u have to upgrade my engine parts pistons injectors exc.. with this charger or can I run it bone stock?

ProCharger Stage II Intercooled Mustang Supercharger System (99-04 V6) 1FI202-SCI - Free Shipping!
mattthegreat210,

First, if you're dead set on keep this car because of sentimental value, I do understand that. On to your question-

You will be okay with running the Procharger kit on low boost without building your engine. Of course, this will accelerate the wear on the internals and in a few years, it will most likely have to be rebuilt.

That being said, I highly suggest selling the car and purchasing a 96-98 Cobra. You can find these Cobras for really cheap now and if you keep an eye out, there's still a few in great shape. Chances are, you'll be able to use the 9k to buy the Cobra and then take the money from selling your v6 to mod or put in your pocket.

I think you have to make the decision on keeping or selling the car first. Then look at your options from there. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
sup mattthegreat! I'm the guy soccorluvr was telling you about. I have an 01 V6 with a procharger with the smallest pulley you get away with (3.2") + a bunch of the other s h & t. I would encourage you to buy new, I did, and am still please with the avenue I took. buy new, and there's the piece of mind knowing that the only abuse its seen will be the abuse YOU give it.

You're stock guts will handle around 350hp or so. Some get away with more, some with less on OE bottom end. But, 350 was the fig givin to me by my tuner resources. A base P-1SC w a 2 core intercooler will take you a little over 300hp at the crank. With some pulley swaps you can get it a little closer to 350hp got mine to 340 before I built the bottem end. If you're looking for more power, I'd suggest a D-1SC (which is what I'm upgrading mine to soon).

I saw you only have 9k to work with, davids got some wonderful ideas. I'd suggest a 4:10 gear in there, though I'm positive he'd concur along with also suggesting that avenue as well.

Anywho, just fulfilling a request by a friend. told me about you that you were inquiring about centrifs and such. Can tell you from experience, all these thousands of dollars later, I don't regret one decision. I have had SO much fun with this system. Am eager to upgrade and make more power, explore more things with my V6, achieve faster times at the 1/4.

anyway, get at me if you have anymore questions and concerns about this topic. would be tickled to discuss them further with you.
Thank u very much! And yes I will be having questions later! Lol
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Remember at the end of the day its just a car...so dont let sentiment stop you from making a good decision.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang