Crap throttle response - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm replacing that asap, I've definately seen what a alt. Going out can do to you at the most inopportune time.
My girls dad thinks he has a used one at his shop so I'm gonna go up there tomorrow and see what's up until I can get a new one.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
I'm replacing that asap, I've definately seen what a alt. Going out can do to you at the most inopportune time.
My girls dad thinks he has a used one at his shop so I'm gonna go up there tomorrow and see what's up until I can get a new one.
Nice! Keep us posted!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Definately will, thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have a sn95 v6 too, and when i first got her she felt real sluggish so i poured some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and it fixed it right up so if you havnt fixed the throttle responce yet i highly recommend trying fuel injector cleaner. Mine was so bad it wouldnt even downshift into 2nd gear when i floored it.
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Ill have to look into that, I've never done anything with the pour in tank injector cleaner before.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

All you have to do is pour it into the gas tank and badaboom your done... You have to run it of course lol
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Lol probably a stupid question, but do you have to fill up to use it? Or say, you put a 1/4 or 1/2 tank in, do you put 1/4 or 1/2 how much it says for a full tank?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Fill up your tank and pour in a bottle of seafoam...3/4 tank if you're cheap lol... best cleaner ive used

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

BG products 44K if you can find it, it's what a lot if places use in their machines that do the high pressure fuel system cleaning. It's about $20 a can if you do find it, but it's a professional grade product.
Sea foam is def the top line consumer grade product.
I'm interested to see hear if the alt swap cures some or all of these issues.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I'm wondering if the alt. is causing a lot of it as well.. it may even be the cause behind the fuel pump whining. I drive for some of the places around here and if im stopped with the car running and the hazards on the pitch of the whine changes with the blinking of the lights.

I'm going to look into the fuel system cleaner, the one privately owned parts store should have it, he carries a lot of the professional grade products.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
I'm wondering if the alt. is causing a lot of it as well.. it may even be the cause behind the fuel pump whining. I drive for some of the places around here and if im stopped with the car running and the hazards on the pitch of the whine changes with the blinking of the lights.

I'm going to look into the fuel system cleaner, the one privately owned parts store should have it, he carries a lot of the professional grade products.
Yes alt is a bastard!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Yes.. yes they are lol

well, my girls dad didn't have any with the right lower bracket, but he and I were talking just kinda brainstorming ideas for the engine and...well I may go in a completely different direction. I'll prolly be shunned from the mustang community for even considering this, but we're thinking about putting one of his 600 hp chevy 350's into it.. only concern I have with the swap is getting an adapter plate to use on my 5 speed transmission. Does anyone on here have any idea if there is even one available to mate a t5 to a 350 chevy? please don't consider me a traitor lol this is just an idea we have floating around.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I always use this stuff... It works great for me and you dont have to fill it up at all you just pour it in and drive.... Just as long as your car has 1/2 a tank or more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1020804702.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	88683  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Yes.. yes they are lol

well, my girls dad didn't have any with the right lower bracket, but he and I were talking just kinda brainstorming ideas for the engine and...well I may go in a completely different direction. I'll prolly be shunned from the mustang community for even considering this, but we're thinking about putting one of his 600 hp chevy 350's into it.. only concern I have with the swap is getting an adapter plate to use on my 5 speed transmission. Does anyone on here have any idea if there is even one available to mate a t5 to a 350 chevy? please don't consider me a traitor lol this is just an idea we have floating around.
Probably just a pilot bearing and bell housing swap.. Probably don't need an adaptor plate..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

They did use the t5 on the 305s in the old camaros didn't they? Hmm.. idk, we'll see, just throwing some ideas around. I'm leaning more towards a turbo 4.2, he's trying to talk me into a sbc.. I think I might make a thread and try to get some opinions for such ideas.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

The SBC will be a lot of custom work but can be done
Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

My main concerns with a sbc is getting everything to fit and line up properly and getting the motor actually fastened into the car safely. I've seen it done, in fact her dad did this swap to a 98, but we haven't really sat down and went thru the details of the potential build.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
My main concerns with a sbc is getting everything to fit and line up properly and getting the motor actually fastened into the car safely. I've seen it done, in fact her dad did this swap to a 98, but we haven't really sat down and went thru the details of the potential build.
There will be lots of details, ECU, wiring, K-member, gear shifter placement, probably a custom made D/S. having experienced help will help.. If you are going to do it make a list and plan. Lay it all out in order and price it all out. It will be an in depth and expensive swap but can be done. Some of the fastest Stangs I've seen have been SBC swaps, usually in Fox cars though. Google and car forums without bias will be good resources
Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

You pretty much nailed all of the things that have been floating around in my head since we started talking about it.. and every time I think of one more thing I hear a ka-ching sound and $'s floating around..

I'm not really looking to make it a 9 second car.. just something fun that I can drive daily, occasionally take to the track, and if one of the local "fast cars" come up to me at a stoplight, id like to be able to show them what a 95 mustang rear end looks like lol.

I'm leaning more and more towards the 4.2, I can get everything needed to have a 350ish hp turbo motor for under $700..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
You pretty much nailed all of the things that have been floating around in my head since we started talking about it.. and every time I think of one more thing I hear a ka-ching sound and $'s floating around..

I'm not really looking to make it a 9 second car.. just something fun that I can drive daily, occasionally take to the track, and if one of the local "fast cars" come up to me at a stoplight, id like to be able to show them what a 95 mustang rear end looks like lol.

I'm leaning more and more towards the 4.2, I can get everything needed to have a 350ish hp turbo motor for under $700..
The 4.2 will be much more cost efficient lol
Having a 95 a push-rod 5.0L swap is also a real option at reasonable price.. An Explorer 5.0L is a good candidate. Saw some on eBay today for right at 1k, and could likely be had cheaper at a local you-pull it junk yard
Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

The pick-n-pull by me is great! 225 flat rate for complete truck engines. One of the main reasons I'm thinking the 4.2 is I can reuse a lot of things so that's a price deduction right there, and ease of install.. wiring harness is the same, ill be using p/p single port heads/intakes.

I'm looking for a good set of forged rods for the 4.2 so if I do want to go past 350 (chances are ill get bored with the power and want more) I can do it safely on the bottom end.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang