New mods for 2001 v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
New mods for 2001 v6

Hey everyone,

I wad wondering what new power mods I should do to my v6? The only mod I have done so far is a new CAI. I'm looking for some mods that are $400 or under each. I don't have the money to spend on a supercharger or anything. I want to replace spark plugs, new spark plug wires, and coil pack. Also was thinking of a new throttle body? Are these good starters? Recommendations? Thank you in advance
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Sct tuner, gears, springs, cc plates, strut tower braces, upraded swaybar, chin spoiler, sequential tail light, better rotors and pads, window tint, etc etc. The list of worth while kods for under 400 is quite long.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Gotta ask...what do you want out of the car.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing too major.. Maybe 20-30hp if possible? I have the CAI and x-pipe
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
put your money into a tuner then and some LTs...won't get you exactly what you want but both mods are under $400 and will help in the long run

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
put your money into a tuner then and some LTs...won't get you exactly what you want but both mods are under $400 and will help in the long run
Yea, I think I'm gonna do that. Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I went with a throttle body, CAI, and some springs. Right at 500. Next will be a tuner. For 400 I'd defiantly go with the tuner since you have the cai
Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Thanks. I was thinking about going with BAMA. Is there any other good brands out there? I liked how BAMA offers the tunes for life
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Bama and diablo are good there is one slosix recommends and David uses I think it's Ortiz which is good as well it's all about who you like and what they offer I have bama
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman92 View Post
Bama and diablo are good there is one slosix recommends and David uses I think it's Ortiz which is good as well it's all about who you like and what they offer I have bama
BAMA sounds good to me. Never heard anyone complain about them, only good things so far on this site
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You should definitely start with a complete tune up, then go ahead and get a tuner..
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justasix98 View Post
You should definitely start with a complete tune up, then go ahead and get a tuner..
Ok, that sounds like a plan to me. Thanks man
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

Ok, that sounds like a plan to me. Thanks man
By complete tune up i mean wires/plugs/coil pack/oil change, check all your fluids, if there dirty flush em out and change it. That alone will wake your car up if its in need of it
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

By complete tune up i mean wires/plugs/coil pack/oil change, check all your fluids, if there dirty flush em out and change it. That alone will wake your car up if its in need of it
I'm going to change out my coil pack, spark plugs, and wires in about 2 weeks. I just changed my going with synthetic about 200 miles ago. Was thinking about MSD super conductors, NGL V-power performance, and MSD performance coil pack
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Ok. Thanks. I was thinking about going with BAMA. Is there any other good brands out there? I liked how BAMA offers the tunes for life
I use Punch It Performance. Tunes for life, and very fast tune updates. I called SCT directly and thats who the recommended as the best place to do it. Mike over there also wrote the tunes for my 1998 5.0 explorer, and my 2010 Taurus. So every new car Inbuy gets an SCT tuner and Punch It tunes em.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

I use Punch It Performance. Tunes for life, and very fast tune updates. I called SCT directly and thats who the recommended as the best place to do it. Mike over there also wrote the tunes for my 1998 5.0 explorer, and my 2010 Taurus. So every new car Inbuy gets an SCT tuner and Punch It tunes em.
I'm going to have to do more research. I'm new to cars in general (being 16) so I have been using this site, AM, and other forum sites to get a better insight. This one so far has been the most useful. Glad to hear another persons input on tuners though
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Since we're on the subject of mods what do gears do for you anyways? Do they add power? Or just make shifting from hear to gear shorter?
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaperez100 View Post
Since we're on the subject of mods what do gears do for you anyways? Do they add power? Or just make shifting from hear to gear shorter?
More acceleration, less top end. You'll get to 100 quicker, but at 100 you car will be screaming lol
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

More acceleration, less top end. You'll get to 100 quicker, but at 100 you car will be screaming lol
Lol oh okay I see. Ill probably get me some which are good ones to get for my sixxer?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol oh okay I see. Ill probably get me some which are good ones to get for my sixxer?
I second this question. When I get more money I wanted to get 3.73 cuz I don't want my MPG to go straight down the drain. I heard that the 4.10 will just totally kill you
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I second this question. When I get more money I wanted to get 3.73 cuz I don't want my MPG to go straight down the drain. I heard that the 4.10 will just totally kill you
Yeah I need my gas to stay pretty much the same it's bad enough already.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For the record this isn't out of personal experience, just from what I've read and heard about gears.
4.10's will help your acceleration greatly, but if you do any highway driving its horrible, like 3k doing 70.. Now personally I've always wanted to get a set of 3.73's for mine. Little easier on the highway but still not the best, but also helps with a little acceleration. Either way, do some extensive research before you buy.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For the record this isn't out of personal experience, just from what I've read and heard about gears.
4.10's will help your acceleration greatly, but if you do any highway driving its horrible, like 3k doing 70.. Now personally I've always wanted to get a set of 3.73's for mine. Little easier on the highway but still not the best, but also helps with a little acceleration. Either way, do some extensive research before you buy.
Oh alrighty thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang