Installing new pack, plugs and wires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
My coil pack crapped out on me, so I bought some new Motorcraft plugs and wires and a Motorcraft coil pack.

She started up yesterday and idled like poop. Underload she was worse. After turning it off she really didnt want to start again. My tuner gave me a p0354 so I busted out my multimeter and sure enough bank 2's resistance was out of whack. So figured why not just replace everything.

Side note for those who checked out my overhaul thread, I ordered my hood scoop and flowmaster 10's from American Muscle yesterday. As soon as I get the scoop on she should be ready for paint. I may have my overhaul done ahead of schedule! I blew way past my budget and still have a lot to do. My wife is taking it rather well so Ill see how much farther I can push my luck!

Ill post pics when I get of work.

I almost bought the MSD coil pack, but on this forum and several others it seems to be the consensus that the oem Motorcraft pack is just as good if not better than the MSD. I my buy on of those as well and do some testing.
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Project Pony,

I'm glad to hear you got the coil pack issue situated! MSD would have worked great, but OEM is always a great option.

I've followed your overhaul over the last few weeks and I'm glad to see it's really coming together! Thanks for placing your order with us, we really appreciate your business and loyalty. I look forward to checking out the pictures.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Project Pony,

I'm glad to hear you got the coil pack issue situated! MSD would have worked great, but OEM is always a great option.

I've followed your overhaul over the last few weeks and I'm glad to see it's really coming together! Thanks for placing your order with us, we really appreciate your business and loyalty. I look forward to checking out the pictures.

-Dan
Unfortunatly my problem is not solved. Replaced even more parts. Looking at the pcm being bad, will have my tech check it tomorrow night.

So for now she sits in the garage and won't start. What a shame, my hood scoop and flowmaster 10's should be arriving from American Muscle any day now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang