Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
So if If my car gets taken, my dad has brought up possibly looking for an older V6. Like 03-04. He's concerned about any earlier year because of how old and the condition it could be in. But what things should I watch out for in searching for one? And another question, what about a fox body? What should I watch out for in a fox body as well? Any problems or concerns.
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxerstang View Post
So if If my car gets taken, my dad has brought up possibly looking for an older V6. Like 03-04. He's concerned about any earlier year because of how old and the condition it could be in. But what things should I watch out for in searching for one? And another question, what about a fox body? What should I watch out for in a fox body as well? Any problems or concerns.
Why would your car get taken? And by who?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Low mileage and then just check the interior and if you can have a mechanic look over the engine bay or just bring a code reader yourself and plug it up to the obdii port and see if it's throwing any codes

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I was gonna ask that too but I was just assuming repo and if that's the case I'm sorry
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Why would your car get taken? And by who?
Long story. And by my grandma. I posted about it awhile back.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman92 View Post
Low mileage and then just check the interior and if you can have a mechanic look over the engine bay or just bring a code reader yourself and plug it up to the obdii port and see if it's throwing any codes

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I was gonna ask that too but I was just assuming repo and if that's the case I'm sorry
Noooo not repo. Family thing. And thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I really need help though. Anything I need to know about those models/years. So feel free to say anything!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The manifold on these cars tend to crack often so check that out. Make sure it isn't leaking and look under the car to see if it was maybe in an accident
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
The manifold on these cars tend to crack often so check that out. Make sure it isn't leaking and look under the car to see if it was maybe in an accident
Alright, thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxerstang View Post
I really need help though. Anything I need to know about those models/years. So feel free to say anything!
definitely the exterior (body and paint) if that concerns you. there is quite a bit to look for on the new edges.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you don't have a code reader take the car you'relooking at by advanced autoparts and use theirs

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

That's more aesthetic I would be more worried about engine and drivetrain
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
If you don't have a code reader take the car you'relooking at by advanced autoparts and use theirs

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I'd be worried about the outside of my car too though.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I bought my 01 at least two years ago at 89K miles. Now I'm at 105K and it runs fine. Don't regret buying it one bit. I'd say it is very dependable. Once you find one, take it for a spin. Check hope the tranny shifts. Look out for salvaged titles. Also, check under the drivers side to see if the previous owners didn't try to wire anything themselves. My wiring harness is a mess
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I bought my 01 at least two years ago at 89K miles. Now I'm at 105K and it runs fine. Don't regret buying it one bit. I'd say it is very dependable. Once you find one, take it for a spin. Check hope the tranny shifts. Look out for salvaged titles. Also, check under the drivers side to see if the previous owners didn't try to wire anything themselves. My wiring harness is a mess
Oh, niiice. Thanks. And dang. :/ Yeah on my 05, the emergency brake broke, and someone got cable ties and tried to tie it back thinking it would work.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, very true.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You'll find one. Just try not to get a classic stang. That was the second stang I bought and its just sleeping in my garage. It's a money pit, trust me
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Have your parents get you a used focus or some other car that will be cheaper on gas/insurance. Wait a couple of years after working and saving some money and go buy a new mustang.

You will be able to make your payments and save more money on keeping it running.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang