Why only one qheel spins during burnout???? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Got my 8.8 for $250 and it only had 50,000
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Exactly there you go that would be a good deal Frankie
Mustangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman92 View Post
Crack open the beers boys

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I just think you guys are funny because you orovide no backing to what you say... I had a mechanic of over 25 years way more experience then both of y'all tell me for the plans I had for my car either rear was just as good and since mine had low mileage to just stick with the 7.5 but believe what you guys want haha
good luck with that

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Crack open the beers boys

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I just think you guys are funny because you orovide no backing to what you say... I had a mechanic of over 25 years way more experience then both of y'all tell me for the plans I had for my car either rear was just as good and since mine had low mileage to just stick with the 7.5 but believe what you guys want haha
+1000000
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post
+1000000
is there any need for that? all you're doing is bumping useless info...for all i know his "mechanic" is a shade tree mechanic like half the yahoos i deal with on a day to day basis while trying to fix their mistakes

if i ever get the recommendation from a "mechanic " that says a 7.5" will out perform or handle better then an 8.8" i will immediately call the BBB to check to see what certifications he has...because i'd hate for someone like that to work on peoples cars

now no more off topic posts...

Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Damn this is a good one... Don't stop on my account lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

unless there's a valid point made no need to add to it lol

Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
exactly. Fact is the 7.5 can hold up just as good as the 8.8 otherwise people wouldn't be running it. If you are running your car like an animal then you can say bye bye to either one. But most people don't so that is why it is ok to stick with an 7.5
Think of the basic mechanics behind it, the size and build of the 8.8 naturally makes it stronger than the 7.5. Yes they both can break, but you are far less likely to break the 8.8 than the 7.5.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Give me a month or so to have the spray going and get the sticky tires on, I'll show what happens to a 7.5" axle setup LOL

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

this has been said over and over again but he doesn't like to be shown he's wrong....he'll keep up his arguement till we get bored. Just like with everything else like him saying he beats s197's, then new edge GTs, then runs nitrous but can't prove it because taking pics of the kit is illegal (his words not mine), then his dyno sheet which david wanted to see....i think i'm going to start keeping a list of all the urls of these types of things and when he gives these types of posts just link them all...that way new members can see the background of said info.

so like i said you can't win even though it's accurate to say an 8.8 is stronger then a 7.5 and a better rear over all

Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Give me a month or so to have the spray going and get the sticky tires on, I'll show what happens to a 7.5" axle setup LOL
lol make sure you have a go-pro mounted low so when it snaps i can make a remix of it with some dubstep we can add it to the ME v6 FB page

how many passes do you think it'll last with how hard you launch it

Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

lol make sure you have a go-pro mounted low so when it snaps i can make a remix of it with some dubstep we can add it to the ME v6 FB page

how many passes do you think it'll last with how hard you launch it
It's an auto so launch isn't brutal off footbrake, might make a couple passes lol

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

i'm curious mustangman...you said at one point you ran nitrous...how's your rear doing? you never got back to us on more info about your kit you said you ran. i'm sure David could use some pointers since you've already run a kit before...what was it again?

Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I just think it's funny you guys always wanna push what YOU think is right without any data to prove it... You guys are the joke and the ones not offering more than one option... Both are fine 8.8 in the long run is better if you find a good one at a good price but it much easier and safer to just stay with the 7.5
Quote:

Where is YOUR research that validates the 7.5 breaking before the 8.8? I guarantee you a high mileage 8.8 will break before a lower mileage 7.5 with the same rear diff gears. It's just what makes sense. I personally would not take the risk of buying an 8.8 rear end I know nothing about(as in how it was treated) off of someone or a salvage yard, especially if it came off a vehicle with high miles.
I generally don't research things I know to be true, but to answer your question, the evidence is everywhere. I've seen the 7.5 called a ticking time bomb. It is general knowledge. You just choose to ignore it or are too lazy to research. My first Google hit was Wikipedia: "It [8.8] was also used in the 1986 model year V-8 equipped Mustangs, replacing the weaker 7.5 rear end." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_8.8_axle
Need I research further? This argument is stupid, but hey, go ahead and recommend the 7.5, as long as it's not to me or my friends. Then again, my friends already know better.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Think of the basic mechanics behind it, the size and build of the 8.8 naturally makes it stronger than the 7.5. Yes they both can break, but you are far less likely to break the 8.8 than the 7.5.
I never once said that the 8.8 is less durable, I know for a fact that it is. What I am saying is, there is no need to upgrade to an 8.8 rear when the 7.5 is durable enough to withstand a simple rear differential swap and a majority of the time the 8.8 that you find on craigslist is more expensive. It is not always that way but if you happen to be lucky and find one cheaper than a brand new LSD, good for you. The point made here is that you will be fine with the 7.5" rear axle. Is the 8.8 better? Yes, but there is no need to upgrade to it.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote:
this has been said over and over again but he doesn't like to be shown he's wrong....he'll keep up his arguement till we get bored. Just like with everything else like him saying he beats s197's, then new edge GTs, then runs nitrous but can't prove it because taking pics of the kit is illegal (his words not mine), then his dyno sheet which david wanted to see....i think i'm going to start keeping a list of all the urls of these types of things and when he gives these types of posts just link them all...that way new members can see the background of said info.

so like i said you can't win even though it's accurate to say an 8.8 is stronger then a 7.5 and a better rear over all
no one said the 8.8 is weaker....
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1

I never once said that the 8.8 is less durable, I know for a fact that it is. What I am saying is, there is no need to upgrade to an 8.8 rear when the 7.5 is durable enough to withstand a simple rear differential swap and a majority of the time the 8.8 that you find on craigslist is more expensive. It is not always that way but if you happen to be lucky and find one cheaper than a brand new LSD, good for you. The point made here is that you will be fine with the 7.5" rear axle. Is the 8.8 better? Yes, but there is no need to upgrade to it.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

no one said the 8.8 is weaker....
You said a low mile 7.5 is stronger than a high mileage 8.8. We disagree.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

You said a low mile 7.5 is stronger than a high mileage 8.8. We disagree.
150000 8.8 vs a 75000 7.5 you tell me.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Nooooo you guys may be able to work on cars but you can't read we said a high mileage 8.8 is more likely to break and unless you can show me evidence to the contrary then you can't dispute it... You don't know how many hard launches that 8.8 has been through yes it is stronger than the 7.5 butttttt it is not indestructible... Obviously it's a better rear to handle more power since it is stock in the gts all as said was there is no need unless you are putting out serious power you guys are just know it Alls who only want to give one opinion. But think what you want and give people bad info idc but for our young members who are "on their first car" it's no need to spend extra on an 8.8 when their purposes are 7.5 worthy. And my mechanic is more knowledgeable than you so I don't need you to question that but thanks for playing anyway... We discussed both we looked at the pros and cons and he told me either way I was fine... There were no 8.8s in my area for sale that I was interested in so I stuck with my 7.5 and everything has been fine. Good day sirs
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Auburn lsd for 7.5 = $400-500 without install. 8.8 from salvage yard, plus rebuild, $200-300. It would seem to be smart to upgrade, and save money. All three salvage yards in my area sell rear ends in the 150 range. While you are right, and dont know what they have been put through, it is cheap and easy to rebuild an 8.8. This removes the mileage from your equation. Leaving one best, but more importantly cheaper route. Your mechanic should have known this, as it is pretty basic stuff. Im sitting at about 20 years of experience, and it sure as hell didnt take me that long to get the basics down.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Auburn lsd for 7.5 = $400-500 without install. 8.8 from salvage yard, plus rebuild, $200-300. It would seem to be smart to upgrade, and save money. All three salvage yards in my area sell rear ends in the 150 range. While you are right, and dont know what they have been put through, it is cheap and easy to rebuild an 8.8. This removes the mileage from your equation. Leaving one best, but more importantly cheaper route. Your mechanic should have known this, as it is pretty basic stuff. Im sitting at about 20 years of experience, and it sure as hell didnt take me that long to get the basics down.
Exactly the points i made before plus the money saved could go toward other things.

Speaking.of showing evidence of things mustang man...still waiting on the nitrous proof, dyno sheet, time slip...if none of that stuff was true you can just be honest. Id respect you more for coming clean then making excuses.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Oh my god haha just drop it. 20+ years of experience and you are still as stubborn as a 5 year old. Because you didn't read what I said I am going to say it again. You will most likely not find a long lasting 8.8 for $200-300. Even if you do and you do whatever "restoration" you do to it, in the end you'll still spend as much as buying a brand new LSD. We are just two different people with two different opinions. Unsubscribed from this thread, good day.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I think that's a good idea for ya lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Haha you guys are hilarious either way you go You'll be fine don't let these know it Alls talk you into doing something that you don't need to if you find the right 8.8 for the right price go for it but if not dont feel pressured that you have to

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Yes he said we could restore the 8.8 but he said it wasn't necessary for the intentions I had for the car right now the 7.5 was fine

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Read my whole comment then take a second and comprehend it guys cuz you aren't getting what I'm sayintb
Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

So you're just gonna ignore my request?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha you guys are hilarious either way you go You'll be fine don't let these know it Alls talk you into doing something that you don't need to if you find the right 8.8 for the right price go for it but if not dont feel pressured that you have to

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Yes he said we could restore the 8.8 but he said it wasn't necessary for the intentions I had for the car right now the 7.5 was fine

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Read my whole comment then take a second and comprehend it guys cuz you aren't getting what I'm sayintb
Being knowledgeable, and experienced hardly makes anyone a know it all.

Sounds like your mechanic didnt want to put in the leg work to get you a better deal, and a better axle. I can understand your desire to defend him, but his advise as well as yours, is poor at best.

The op was curios about his one tire fire. If he plans on eating up tires doing burnouts more power to him. It does however make sense that since he has intentions of beating on his car, he should go with a stronger axle. That is solid advise in any automotive circle. It would be ignorant not to acknowledge that.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

if you aren't putting down serious power there is no need too. The 7.5 can take a beating.
There is a very good reason to do it. Infact the very same reason you joined this forum. We upgrade our mustangs so they perform better, look better, and are more reliable. I dont believe anyone on this forum, or any other should tell someone not to upgrade.

Is it needed? Maybe not, however neither is anything you have done to your car, but that didnt stop you did it? Its an upgrade, improving on the car. For this reason it is suggested, and rightfully so.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

This is good. It all depends on personal preference. 8.8 if you want your car more reliable and be able to take a beating, 7.5 if its just a DD with nothing special. But I'd take 8.8 over 7.5 if I could
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I'd take a quality 8.8 over a 7.5 too these guys are portraying it like it's a necessity and that is what I want OP to know is that it's an option and maybe a better option but it's not a necessity the 7.5 will he adequate
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I think what they're trying to say is that an 8.8 rear blows the 7.5 rear away. Which is true performance wise. But it all depends on money, and preference. Lets leave it at that and start a new argument elsewhere, this ones gone rather bland
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good Sam atleast you also understood what my point once something I couldn't get across to them

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

And be careful when you say performance wise cuz the 8.8 doesn't really add to performance it just adds to reliability
Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good Sam atleast you also understood what my point once something I couldn't get across to them

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

And be careful when you say performance wise cuz the 8.8 doesn't really add to performance it just adds to reliability
true.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I always look at both sides if the coin. But yeah that's true, reliability 8.8 is better but performance is pretty much the same
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Can't seem to get my launch down ): any advice on what rpm to take off on? Dump the clutch or easy off it?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

easy off is the best way to catch traction...you want to roll off and then press into it

Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
easy off is the best way to catch traction...you want to roll off and then press into it
Thanks!! What rpm do you easy off it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang