buying dumps/turndowns - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
buying dumps/turndowns

i have some mac long tube headers and a mac o/r h-pipe going on my 2002 v6mustang. im looking to do mufflers into turndowns right after the muffler. my question is, who sells them? can i just buy the pipes from somewhere and bolt on the muffler of my choice? i want a loud *** exhaust to go with my h/c/i swap coming up. i was thinking about some slp loudmouth resonators if i could get it to fit up.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: buying dumps/turndowns

just no, its a v6, the louder it gets the worst sounding it is... you will not have "loud" exhaust with turn downs. You've heard my GT... and you've heard Robs cobra. he has exhaust coming out of the back and can hear him about 1.5 miles away, i have turndowns and can only be heard about 1/2 a block away.

I'm putting new borlas and off road x coming out the back of the car *i think today*, and taking off the dumps. Dumps are just too bassy inside, they rattle everything in gods creation in it, and really, it gets to the point where u can't even have a conversation with someone in the car and you have to crank the radio up if you insist on listening to it.

I've heard rumors that dumps give you less power, and don't even think about putting your car at certain shops with dumps, due to the fact that they spew black **** all down on the shop and on their dyno.

To be honest, listen to kyle's set up, its probably the best v6 sounding set up I have heard. The louder you get, the worst it starts sounding. I don't think you want the idea of a v6 mustang that sounds like a rice burner going down the road. It's just not in the making for the v6 mustangs to have the deep rumbling sound. None have it, none will have it. Dumps is your best way though, on other hand, to have a deeper sound. But won't be loud.

All in all, if I was you, I'd get the same setup kyle is running. It sounds great.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i think lt's, o/r h, and flows are gonna sound good for a v6
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
just no, its a v6, the louder it gets the worst sounding it is... you will not have "loud" exhaust with turn downs. You've heard my GT... and you've heard Robs cobra. he has exhaust coming out of the back and can hear him about 1.5 miles away, i have turndowns and can only be heard about 1/2 a block away.

I'm putting new borlas and off road x coming out the back of the car *i think today*, and taking off the dumps. Dumps are just too bassy inside, they rattle everything in gods creation in it, and really, it gets to the point where u can't even have a conversation with someone in the car and you have to crank the radio up if you insist on listening to it.

I've heard rumors that dumps give you less power, and don't even think about putting your car at certain shops with dumps, due to the fact that they spew black **** all down on the shop and on their dyno.

To be honest, listen to kyle's set up, its probably the best v6 sounding set up I have heard. The louder you get, the worst it starts sounding. I don't think you want the idea of a v6 mustang that sounds like a rice burner going down the road. It's just not in the making for the v6 mustangs to have the deep rumbling sound. None have it, none will have it. Dumps is your best way though, on other hand, to have a deeper sound. But won't be loud.

All in all, if I was you, I'd get the same setup kyle is running. It sounds great.

well eventually i wanna do a cobra/gt rear bumper,but i dont have the money at the moment. i dont wanna spend all kinds of money on a catback. id rather just get dumps for now. ill buy yours if you wanna sell them. let me know. as long as its flows, i know it wont sound ricey. i have those now.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

im selling my flows with the turndowns for 25 bux for both of them... but you don't want my H pipe, its dented up from dragging bottom.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

turndowns make it resonate more~ a v6 shouldnt be loud ever (not the 3.8 ford v6 at least) it should be mellow toned. They have a good sound to them... until they get to free flowing and sound horrible.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I had dumps...then ran it out the back, then back to dumps. Dumps would not allow me to keep an open drink in the car, it would white cap out. I had quite the loud V6...sounded like crap...but it was loud.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to black98gtvert

ive got dumps on my 98 GT and love them but i roll with the top down alot my mom drove it with the top up and complained it hurt her ears
Mods: MAC CAI,FLOWS 40 series,MSD Wires and Coils,"MM"starter box susp, MAC underdrive pullies, BBK off-road X, Steeda TRI-Ax, 3.73 gears, Sniper Special Forces Tuner, Accufab 75mm TB and Plenum, and a ZEX __ Shot
04 CBR F4i: A Street Machine on roids
black98gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

mac long tubes
no cats
prochamber
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
im selling my flows with the turndowns for 25 bux for both of them... but you don't want my H pipe, its dented up from dragging bottom.
well im taking up this offer. i have flow 40s on my car now and they sound good. with the h/c/i swap, long tubes, and o/r h-pipe, i think it will sound pretty good. besides, for $25, dumps are only temporary until i can save the money to do a new rear bumper and catback.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #11

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to unclesteve714

I have MAC Longtubes, o/r h pipe and dumped flow super 44's and it is probably the closest sound you will get to a true v8. the only downside is that it does vibrate the hell out of the inside of the car and to be honest with you, people hate riding in it. i wanna do pipes out the back again like i used to have i'm just not sure how much it will change the sound of the exhaust
unclesteve714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesteve714 View Post
I have MAC Longtubes, o/r h pipe and dumped flow super 44's and it is probably the closest sound you will get to a true v8. the only downside is that it does vibrate the hell out of the inside of the car and to be honest with you, people hate riding in it. i wanna do pipes out the back again like i used to have i'm just not sure how much it will change the sound of the exhaust
well im usually the only one in my car. my friend's dont like cramming in the back seats anyway. im only 19, so i dont think that my friends will be the ones to care. plus i live right on lsu campus, so i hardly ever use my car more than a couple weeks. plus with the h/c/i, i think it will sound deep and aggressive. thats what im mainly looking for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang