A thought on mustangs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to sargothi Send a message via Yahoo to sargothi
A thought on mustangs

I am one of those nightclub street racing guys that flies down the highway really late at night with a bunch of other nitwits trying to boost the ego and see who has the fastest car.

I have owned several kinds of cars, newer and older, with the intent of street-racing. The stretch of highway we run is typically about 6 miles long with all kinds of nice wide turns. We're lucky nothing has ever happened and the only precaution we take is to go late when there's no traffic at all.

The reality of it is, the mustang is really not a race car. GT or not, you're topped off at 120mph which isn't even a true 120mph and it's extremely expensive to buy additional parts to replace your stock. The car looks good and that's about it. It's not really worth the high price since I'm quite sure you're more or less paying for the Ford union rather than the car at the dealer. There are many 4cyl. STOCK cars out there than can drive circles around a Mustang GT. View this video for example it's one of many.

If you want performance and speed, you're probably going to want a foreign car. Even Hyndais nowadays are quite fast and less than 1/2 the price of a Mustang.

My bottom line is, Mustangs are highly overrated. Decent car when weather conditions permit, but the performance and the classic "American muscle" just isn't there any more.
sargothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: A thought on mustangs

So long troll...:lame:
Old 07-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

lmao, someone got beat by a v6....
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Thats the stupidest thing ive ever read.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Road Trip!

c'mon rob!!!!! damn i wanted to be the one to do it, but i wanted to play with him first,can i still pm him? tell him to bring his foreign car this way and lets see, our cobra is a 30 min spring change away from stomping his asson a road course...

lol@ mikey...probably got owned by an Eaton V6
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

:wave2: HEY KYLE!
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
c'mon rob!!!!! damn i wanted to be the one to do it, but i wanted to play with him first,can i still pm him? tell him to bring his foreign car this way and lets see, our cobra is a 30 min spring change away from stomping his asson a road course...

lol@ mikey...probably got owned by an Eaton V6
You can prolly PM him, but I know he can't read it.

This was just way too blatent of a troll post to let him live on this site...even though it would have been fun to school him on some things.

However, I had to end it as I have some work I need to get done by 1...and if I let this thread survive, that work would definitely not get done.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You can prolly PM him, but I know he can't read it.

This was just way too blatent of a troll post to let him live on this site...even though it would have been fun to school him on some things.

However, I had to end it as I have some work I need to get done by 1...and if I let this thread survive, that work would definitely not get done.

work??? i thought thats what we are all doing???2:

if i were rich, id fly places to put peoples foot in thier mouth.

unfortunately im only semi-rich.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

hmm...plastic or american steel/iron. Grumble of a HO V6 or V8 vs...lawnmower on crack. Badass looks vs...wtf is that heap looks from the kids. Fastback vs...uhh stationwagon? I like how they include the tires too. The only thing thats dissapointed me about this thing so far is its unibody and no longer a chasis car. Though I understand the reasoning (weight loss and safety)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang