Fog Lights installation help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Question Fog Lights installation help

hey guys, i know many people asked these questions maybe, i bought fog lights to my v6 and installed them in the bumper, i bought also a wiring harness and wired it from the fog lights to the passenger compartments, when i pulled the panel inside the car to install the switch there was a pink harness already behind the panel, my questions:
is this harness working? and can i use it to get power?
if not, the oem fog light switch diagram got four wires in:
Pin-1: fog lamp relay
Pin-2: dimmer switch
Pin-4: ground
Pin-8: illumination

i know about the lamp relay and the ground, but what are the dimmer switch and the illumination, are they the power lines?
thanks
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
All I know is there's half a harness in there already, you can simply take the factory button switch it with the aftermarket fog button and it will light up and everything. However you would have to find the other end of it and wire it to the fogs you installed. For me I just wired the fogs to my parking lights so everytime I pull the headlight switch the fogs automatically come on. Hope this helps a little.
V6in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6in View Post
All I know is there's half a harness in there already, you can simply take the factory button switch it with the aftermarket fog button and it will light up and everything. However you would have to find the other end of it and wire it to the fogs you installed. For me I just wired the fogs to my parking lights so everytime I pull the headlight switch the fogs automatically come on. Hope this helps a little.
I think its hard to find the other end and I don't want to mess with any electric stuff cause it will cost a lot if I do something wrong.
so after I researched the Internet, I found two type of connections, the first is the same connection that you are talking about by connect it to the parking light, and the second one by taking the power line from the rear window defroster,I'm not sure if the second option will work but I'll try your option and see.
Thank you for the input
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i normally just run to the ambers...however after adding on my 55w kit i noticed it didn't have the power to push them so i swapped to a direct battery connection on a toggle next to my DC outlet

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang