Need some advice.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Need some advice....

So I have a 2000 3.8l that was my daily driver that I was trying to sell but have had no luck. In the process I have come across a 95 GT roller fully caged with adjustable coil overs and IRS with 3:55's in it.
But that's it everything else is gutted. I plan on swapping my v6 in to it just so that its moveable under its own power and probably autoX and do some minor road racing classes
But what all do I need to get since they are different years I plan on using my stock ecu and a painless harness I have if it will work if it doesn't ill be using the stock one if I an figure it out the only thing for certain I know I need is the 94-95 V6 motor mounts.
Any help is appreciated
Pgfdv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
to be honest i'd swap the coil overs, IRS, and cage over to the '00...something about the wider body in the 99-04 makes it feel firmer for corner carving. just my 2 cents..then all you'd need is a tuner to adjust the speedo for the 3:55 gears

you may also want to check the SCCA handbook to see what mods put you in what class...consider my suspension mods...it sticks me in the Street Modified class which sadly will put me head to head against much tougher cars (but i guess that's part of the challenge)..

with a cage and a swapped rear you'd probably be in the Prepared class or Street Modified

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
to be honest i'd swap the coil overs, IRS, and cage over to the '00...something about the wider body in the 99-04 makes it feel firmer for corner carving. just my 2 cents..then all you'd need is a tuner to adjust the speedo for the 3:55 gears

you may also want to check the SCCA handbook to see what mods put you in what class...consider my suspension mods...it sticks me in the Street Modified class which sadly will put me head to head against much tougher cars (but i guess that's part of the challenge)..

with a cage and a swapped rear you'd probably be in the Prepared class or Street Modified
Well this is what I was thinking but the down sides on that is the cage is welded in the 95 and the new edge has a pretty bad bend in the core support the previous owner had from a wreck my car has never had any issues with alignment or anything like that but Im not to sure I want to put the stress of racing on something that's already kind if damaged.
I also have not obtained my comp. license yet so not to worried a out the class but I have been reading up a lot on NASA and SCCA so ill make a decision soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

just join a solo grouping you'll have a lot of fun. as for Core support damage...that can be fixed pretty easily..as long as the rest of the car is straight i wouldn't worry to much

Old 03-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
just join a solo grouping you'll have a lot of fun. as for Core support damage...that can be fixed pretty easily..as long as the rest of the car is straight i wouldn't worry to much
Well how would you go about fixing it then because the car will not past a state safety inspection?
I've also been told that to worry about it caving in under the stress of the track....
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

you can replace the core support...in fact it's common in body shops so you could probably have it done for a good price

Old 03-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you can replace the core support...in fact it's common in body shops so you could probably have it done for a good price
I think I will be sticking with the 95 no disrespect towards your knowledge or anything I just think financially it will be better to stick with the 95. Right now at least to get moving plus I already have it lol
So any tips for moving in that direction?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Bump still need some help!!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a 97 V6 that I'm swapping an 01 V6 engine. As far as I know. You will need the wiring harness, fuel lines and fuel tank from a NE it could be more. I just started researching the swap
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I think the lower k frame needs to be swapped out too for the V6 one?

On another way of looking at it you could just find a 94 - 95 5.0 to save you all the trouble of swapping things around and have a fun car. I'm not saying "get a V8" like some people would say I'm just saying it would probably be easier and more cost friendly. I imagine the Cobra engine from that time could swap in easy too.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang