Need Help!!! Odd issues happening - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Need Help!!! Odd issues happening

The other day my ABS light came on, then the traction light and also the right turnsignal comes on steady on the dash. (If I use the signal it flashes fast on the right, normal on the left and all bulbs are working. If I clear the codes, even though it shows none, it will work fine from Key off to start, until I use the headlights or heater.) BUT, only when I turn on my headlights OR turn on my heater <???> and when my headlights are on, the Passenger side headlight is really dim. When this happens, when I push the headlight button in, the headlights stay on but really dim <??> and won't go off until I turn the key off? I even took out the headlight bulb and turnsignal bulb on passenger side, same thing, so no short at bulbs I guess.
I am really stumped here everyone. Also when this happens if I stop the car, put it in park and turn it off, the headlights stay on and it makes a 'bumping' sound near my CAI???

I know I could have a ABS problem, but what would cause the electrical nightmare that it affects my headlight?
If I am running without headlights and turn on the heater I get this also. If I am not running anything, lights, heater, etc. It acts fine. I checked the battery its 12.96 and 14.46 when running. When I put on the headlights, it only drops (at battery) to 14.25???

Now if I run heater and lights I get odd OB2 codes, fuel pump module out, etc. hardly ever the same ones twice…? It also tries to stall out??

All ideas appreciated.

2004 V6
ghostrider2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You might have some bare wires against each other somewhere and that could be your problem. Water could have somehow got into your wires too and could be causing a problem. The best thing you could do is take it to a shop and have them figure out what it is, it sounds like a electrical problem to me and with so many electronics in a car now days it could be anything anywhere and not worth messing with it yourself.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #3

Thanks,
I *may* have found the culprit. I was searching all over the 'net and someone mentioned the ground point near the ABS. So I looked (near the hood prop rod above the pass headlight) and sure enough it was loose. So I cranked it down and did a few test fires and all seems good (fingers crossed) I WILL let you know if this is it. It will also help other people like myself in a jam if they search and see this.

Update: So far so good. I tightened the ground near the hood prop rod and all seems golden. Wish me luck I will report back next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your welcome.

Who would of thought that a little ground would have caused all that trouble. I know which ground you are talking about and always thought it served no purpose guess I was wrong. Well hopefully you don't have anymore problems.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #5

So far so good. I will check by the end of the week and hopefully close the thread but leave it here for others in the future.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #6

Okay, apparently this was the issue. Please close the thread but leave it in the forum so someone else can benefit from it.

Thanks all,
GR

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang