Temperature - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
Could my gauge be off if the coolant was poorly mixed (if it wasn't premixed)
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
did you mix it before pouring in or did you just use straight antifreeze?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
I'm pretty sure the antifreeze that I've had in it for a while is pre mixed and then the antifreeze I just put in today was roughly 50-50 I mixed it.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Floydt100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Detroit
Region: Michigan
Posts: 40
Put coolant in the radiator itself( not just the resivoir) mine did the same thing just make sure your cars cold when you open the radi cap
Floydt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydt100 View Post
Put coolant in the radiator itself( not just the resivoir) mine did the same thing just make sure your cars cold when you open the radi cap
Yea I filled the radiator itself full so I don't know what's going on.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
You never answered did you put in a water mix or straight antifreeze
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
Well the antifreeze I bought was straight abtifreeze but I mixed it myself with water, so yes it was a mixed, half water half antifreeze that I put in.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Floydt100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Detroit
Region: Michigan
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Well the antifreeze I bought was straight abtifreeze but I mixed it myself with water, so yes it was a mixed, half water half antifreeze that I put in.
Maybe the wrong thermostat?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

If all else fails do whAt semi trucks do, put a piece of something behind the radiatior and itll run hotter
Floydt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
Yea. I might just put and aftermarket gauge.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I'm pretty positive it's the right thermostat.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Yea. I might just put and aftermarket gauge.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I'm pretty positive it's the right thermostat.
Based on the other issues you reported, it sound like your cluster may be crapping out. I also had the same thing happen on my sn95. Replacing them is easier said than done though. I bought mine new, which was pricey. Then you have to have the dealership set it and and calibrate it to your vehicle. If you dont get the mileage set up right....well its quite illegal. Try and swap out a gauge cluster from a salvage yard and see what happens. If that solves your issues have the dealership calibrate everything for you.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

Based on the other issues you reported, it sound like your cluster may be crapping out. I also had the same thing happen on my sn95. Replacing them is easier said than done though. I bought mine new, which was pricey. Then you have to have the dealership set it and and calibrate it to your vehicle. If you dont get the mileage set up right....well its quite illegal. Try and swap out a gauge cluster from a salvage yard and see what happens. If that solves your issues have the dealership calibrate everything for you.
Oh man. Well I'll keep looking to see if I can find a problem if not hopefully someone else can possibly figure out my problem. If neither works instead of buying a whole cluster I might just buy the individual aftermarket gauges. They look cool anyways.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:59 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.