Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hood wont close

16K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sw232561 
#1 ·
There's nothing blocking it and it won't close I've slammed it and it won't lock down'

#8 ·
Could your hood release handle under the console still be pulled back? My fox body's handle would always stick and wouldn't let the hood latch until I pushed the handle forward again. Pretty annoying, but I got used to it pretty quick lol. You could also check the little rubber bump stops around the core support, I adjusted mine once literally one turn and they prevented the hood from closing.

#12 ·
Hey guys, I had the same problem tonight except I have a right-off-the-lot 2015 Mustang GT. For the life of me, I could not get the hood to close. I am not sure if this is what V6in was explaining, but I turned the little rubber bumpers 720 degrees so they were a tad shorter. The hood still didn't close with just pressure, but it finally latched when I threw it down from about a foot high - I do see a tiny gap now where the hood sits, but I don't think I had many options here! Now if I can just get rid of the cold brake screeching that wakes up the neighborhood... Ironically, I got rid of my old car for this $40k car for the same reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.