v6 project - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
v6 project

this is my very first thread.so bear with me here.i have a 99 mustang v6 that i had it for years .never drove it for 3 years after i bought my evo x.sold the evo 2 years ago starting doing the stang again.i just finish completing every bolt on imaginable you can do on the mustang last year not including the supercharger/turbo and cams.my main project this year is suspension.....:some of it i already bought...
steeda ball joint
steeda bumpsteer kit
steeda rear strut
eibach pro kit spring
eibach sway bar kit
kenny brown upper strut bar
mmr lower control arm 5(soon)
mm subframe connectors
tokico d spec (soon)
cobra r brembo (soon)
lumpy cam(2014)

now i have a 5 zigen typhoon rims on it for many years 17x8(+35)/9(42).im wondering if it will clear the brembo brakes.? or should i just use my volk ce28 18x9 +35.? or people will be laughing because i have a mustang and using volks.???
some inputs would be nice whats else would i be needing.im not going to race or track this car.its just i want it to perform as close to my evo on handling.

morfhious3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Canada
In my opinion, i would pass on the cams and blower and drop in a built V8 engine. You'll make about the same power but it will be more reliable and offer a better platform for more power if you need it.

2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
that's about as good of a list as you'll get ....or look into eibach coil over kits

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
+1 on the coilovers...if you're really into handling and might do some autox or SCCA events, the coilovers will be great for adjustability. The adjustable d-specs you have listed are a good plan as well if you plan on coilovers.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang