Spring is coming, time to redo some things on the 95 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Spring is coming, time to redo some things on the 95

A little backstory, when I bought my 95 the guy had backed up into a jeep and messed up the trunk lid, rear bumper, tail lights, and trunk pan.

I've gotten that about 98% done and she looks great, now I'm on to more cosmetic things and then a color change in a few weeks.

Things on the list:
Front bumper is a little off and the passenger side mount needs bent back

Drivers door is messed up by the handle

Drivers fender has a dent right at the tip by the front corner of the hood and some surface rust from the badge being ripped off.

Hood corner by the pass. Fender has some damage.

And passenger side skirt is cracked.

All of these things are soon to be fixed in the coming weeks, and then a color change. Thinking gunmetal grey with sating black accents.

So, anyone have any pics of a 94-98 with the side skirts taken off? Is there a metal lip that would be visible or would you really even know that something was there??
If it would look right without them I may just be rid of them.

Any ideas for a paint scheme? I'm thinking the gunmetal grey, with satin black on the spoiler, badges, mustang on the rear bumper, side scoops, and satin black/gunmetal grey wheels.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What are you gonna do with the fenders?
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What do you mean? If I can't find a good driver side fender around here for a good price I'm going to straighten it out and use it.
The passenger side fender doesn't have any damage so it'll just be sanded and painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I wouldn't get rid of the side skirts unless I was getting aftermarket skirts, you will notice they were there.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, that's what I was wondering. I've been tossing around the idea of side pipe exhaust but I think that may be kinda goofy on a 6er
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well, the revitalizing of my 95 is going lol redid my plugs, wires, fuel filter, rear main brake line, oil change, coolant flush, thermostat, and been redid the rear end over the last month.

Took the tail pipes out and dumped the exhaust off the mufflers, sounds 10x better.

Got a fiberglass dual scoop ram air hood today, traded a local guy my old flowmaster tail pipes for it. Gonna go ahead and refinish it and modify the latch and scoops and just paint it the color the cars getting painted.

Just washed and detailed the car in and out today, she's sparkling and smelling good, and its a nice 20 footer outside..

Long story short, she's coming along, and should be looking great by mid summer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang