Another supercharer question.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Another supercharer question..

So I've been doing some research on them, and I know some basics. I wanna know if the vortech V5-F kit will fit on my car, and if this is a good used price. The website says it will handle up to a 4.0L engine, but i would rather run it all by you first. Will I get good gains for it? It says up to 14lbs of boost. That's too much for my all stock engine? Any help would be great

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-310950944.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	98956

Name:	image-1710262398.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	98957

Name:	image-1519844066.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	98958
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
While it is possible to buy the parts to make this work on your car, it wouldn't be worth it. All you would be able to use is the blower unit itself off that auction and you would still need new brackets, piping, fuel delivery, the works. It would be far more expensive to do properly than this kit costs. I also really don't trust used blowers. I would get a kit designed for your car or do a V8 swap.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
by the time you buy all the stuff you need to make it work on your car you would be better off buying the one that is for your specific motor.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, thanks you guys. I wasn't sure how everything would fit it such. I'm just going to save up for a proper kit like you recommended probably. Just for s**** and giggles, if I wanted to do a full v8 swap, how much would I be looking at spending
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
so so probably about the about the same overall

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
for the 3.8L you are ok at 11psi with intercooler if the tune is spot on and you have all the fuel upgrades needed. With a stock motor and exhaust that will put you around 280-300rwhp (manual trans less if auto by 5-10%)

gotta get that tune spot on and you need an intercooler for sure.

I wouldnt waste my time on a 2v 4.6L GT motor swap, aim for at least a 4v 4.6L from a mach or 96-98 cobra, or even a built 5.0L from a 94/95 GT perhaps~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This may be a silly question, but if I were to do a v8 swap, would my insurance go up drastically? Insurance was the main reason why I don't get a v8 in the first place. It's crazy expensive. Would I have to put it in writing or something saying i did the swap on a v6 car to increase the power? I'm new to most of this.. Lol
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
This may be a silly question, but if I were to do a v8 swap, would my insurance go up drastically? Insurance was the main reason why I don't get a v8 in the first place. It's crazy expensive. Would I have to put it in writing or something saying i did the swap on a v6 car to increase the power? I'm new to most of this.. Lol
Why would you even bother telling them you swapped the engine? You VIN says v6 so that is what you have and if you wreck the car they are going to give you a v6 blue book value, not any money for the mods you put in.
brooksyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post

Why would you even bother telling them you swapped the engine? You VIN says v6 so that is what you have and if you wreck the car they are going to give you a v6 blue book value, not any money for the mods you put in.
I'm asking to see if it's an obligation or anything to tell them about the swap
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know if you are obligated to but if you own the car outright I personally wouldn't bother telling them. Now if the bank/lender owns the car then I would wait to pay it off before I do an engine swap lol.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

It depends on the insurance company. My company asks if i have spent more than 5000$ modifying the car to make more power. So someday I will have to come clean. But my insurance will only go up 6$ a month.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
It depends on the insurance company. My company asks if i have spent more than 5000$ modifying the car to make more power. So someday I will have to come clean. But my insurance will only go up 6$ a month.
That's not bad.. It would probably be a lot more for a teen, though
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596

That's not bad.. It would probably be a lot more for a teen, though
Yeah. I've got a clean record and am now 25. My full time dd mach 1 costs me less than 75$/Mo. I have 2 defensive driving courses, 1 high performance driving course and a track certification that all knocks my insurance down.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

If you dont tell them its insurance fraud, aka illegal.

Also when they find out youve been in an accident and had not reported the swap, they will deny your claim so you get nothing. Ive seen this happen several times.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

Also when they find out youve been in an accident and had not reported the swap, they will deny your claim so you get nothing. Ive seen this happen several times.
I guess for a whole engine swap. Not gonna call up my insurance and let them know I put a CAI in there.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

and then most likely drop you lol
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

I guess for a whole engine swap. Not gonna call up my insurance and let them know I put a CAI in there.
Nah. They dont care about that kinda stuff. Motor swap or forced induction, anything a claims adjuster is trained to look for that is obvious.

Insurance companies are out to make money, not lose it. So if they can find a reason to deny a claim they will, and they try to find a way not to pay trust me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang