I'm New to this forums and need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: pueblo
Region: Colorado
Posts: 4
I'm New to this forums and need help

So I nave a 2000 with the 3.8 v6 and I was wondering what I would have to do to do a 5.0 swap out of a 95 ? And if its possible....
whitehorse11105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse11105 View Post
So I nave a 2000 with the 3.8 v6 and I was wondering what I would have to do to do a 5.0 swap out of a 95 ? And if its possible....
I wouldn't personally go with the older 5.0 if you're going to forge swap and you have the money put a new 5.0 in it. Or drop a 99-04 4.6 in it
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: pueblo
Region: Colorado
Posts: 4
Well do you know what I would have to do to drop a 4.6 in it ......and leave it auto or switch to 5 speed
whitehorse11105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse11105 View Post
Well do you know what I would have to do to drop a 4.6 in it ......and leave it auto or switch to 5 speed
Well for going to a five speed you need the tranny clutch cable pedal etc. and hook all that up for the 4.6 I think is pretty simple just a drop with moving a few things
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: pueblo
Region: Colorado
Posts: 4
Wbu the ecu?
whitehorse11105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse11105 View Post
Wbu the ecu?
Going to have to get one for that motor
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
It'll be cheaper to get a used 4.6 prior to 2005
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: pueblo
Region: Colorado
Posts: 4
Lol ok thanks
whitehorse11105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Just about everything but the frame will need to be pulled out of the sixxer for a swap, suspension and power train
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

I wouldn't personally go with the older 5.0 if you're going to forge swap and you have the money put a new 5.0 in it. Or drop a 99-04 4.6 in it
+1 and if you really got balls an 03-04 termi
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Why would you guys not go with an older 5.0? its the cheapest ford motor the build and the easiest. Im not speaking swap wise but you say "if your gonna do forged dont go old 5.0".
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Why would you guys not go with an older 5.0? its the cheapest ford motor the build and the easiest. Im not speaking swap wise but you say "if your gonna do forged dont go old 5.0".
Older 5.0s have a few big achiles heels.. one of the biggest being they have a tendency to crack the block in half with moderately high horsepower. And putting a 5.0 into a 96+ is a job enough, but the new edges are a whole nother ball game. If you're going for a v8 swap go for the 4.6, just look out for the heads, or find a modular 5.8 out of a truck and do some work to it to really open it up.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
That and if you take a 87ish 5.0 it has like 10 hp more than a single port v6 and about 40 lbs of torque stock for stock.. lol
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Yeah but don't let those numbers fool you. That motor is twice as strong as the v6. And way easier to build. A cheap and simple hci upgrade and you have a beast on your hands. I do agree a 4.6 is easier to swap. The 5.0 is one of the most built motors of all time for a reason. Its cheap and easy to build..
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yeah but don't let those numbers fool you. That motor is twice as strong as the v6. And way easier to build. A cheap and simple hci upgrade and you have a beast on your hands. I do agree a 4.6 is easier to swap. The 5.0 is one of the most built motors of all time for a reason. Its cheap and easy to build..
Don't get me wrong, I like 302s. Just for a new edge or a 96-98 id go for a 4.6 or something like that.. 5.0 swaps can and have been done on the new edges and they were great, but its a big job and a lot of people don't end up finishing the project.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

Don't get me wrong, I like 302s. Just for a new edge or a 96-98 id go for a 4.6 or something like that.. 5.0 swaps can and have been done on the new edges and they were great, but its a big job and a lot of people don't end up finishing the project.
Right on. Your reasoning for not going 5.0 was because he was going forged. That was just inaccurate for the reasons I have stated. Sorry for the confusion I was just trying to clarify that building the 5.0 is much easier. Its the swap part that makes it difficult.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
I think I missed the part of the convo about forged? Lol

5.0s are as easy to build as small block chevys and they're everywhere. If you can, try to get your hands on a late 60's early 70's 302 to start from. That generation was the highest stock power rating. And if you're thinking forged with any kind of forced induction look into a block guard or some sort of added protection for the block. I think its around 5-650 hp is when it starts to get dicey.

If I had a new edge I was considering a v8 swap in, id say screw it and go with a 427 cobra jet or a 460 big block..lol
I've been looking into doing a 2.3 turbo swap in my sn95 with a healthy amount of weight reduction
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
I think I missed the part of the convo about forged? Lol

5.0s are as easy to build as small block chevys and they're everywhere. If you can, try to get your hands on a late 60's early 70's 302 to start from. That generation was the highest stock power rating. And if you're thinking forged with any kind of forced induction look into a block guard or some sort of added protection for the block. I think its around 5-650 hp is when it starts to get dicey.

If I had a new edge I was considering a v8 swap in, id say screw it and go with a 427 cobra jet or a 460 big block..lol
I've been looking into doing a 2.3 turbo swap in my sn95 with a healthy amount of weight reduction
Lol right on. Cobra jet FTW. Looks like we agree on something.
A 2.3 turbo would be an interesting swap into an sn95!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post

Lol right on. Cobra jet FTW. Looks like we agree on something.
A 2.3 turbo would be an interesting swap into an sn95!
I saw one on youtube that a guy did, he didn't do any weight reduction or anything just put a slightly modified 2.3 into a 94 and it was badass. My only worry about It is its a 4cyl for 1, and no dual exhaust growl..
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post

Lol right on. Cobra jet FTW. Looks like we agree on something.
A 2.3 turbo would be an interesting swap into an sn95!
I found where we got confused lol, I didn't say anything about a forged swap, a guy on the previous page brought that up.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.