Suggestion for next mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Suggestion for next mod

I have already lowered and added a CAI and throttle body with a coil pack. Everything else I have done is in my signature.

I plan on tinting the windows, powder coating my rims and buying a tuner.

After that what is suggested I do performance wise? Everything else I've seen looks to need an expert to do it so it'll all be expensive. Just wanting to see what performance mod such as long tube headers or 4.10 gears or what? Just looking for suggestions!
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
You could always go with an LSD and gears like you said. From reading, a lot of people suggest the 4.10 for auto and 3.73 for manual (idk which you have). Headers add about 10hp-ish. Dependent on how deep your pockets are, you can supercharge or turbocharge it
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I might supercharge/turbo it on down the road. But that'll be a while! Ill probably go with a se of gears since they aren't to expensive then some long tube headers after that
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Full Legnth subframe connectors.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluder4 View Post
Yeah I might supercharge/turbo it on down the road. But that'll be a while! Ill probably go with a se of gears since they aren't to expensive then some long tube headers after that
they can get pretty expensive if you don't already have a t-lok differential. If you don't you'll need one along with gear oil, the gears, and the bearing install kit OR you can get a used 8.8 rear. This all is around $400-$700 alone, not including install unless you're going to do it yourself.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If you plan on supercharging or turbo down the road put 3:73 gears in now regardless if it's auto or manual, you'll run out of gear with a 4:10 gearing. Anyway gears would be my next mod then headers after.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I do have an automatic so I'd need (for either turbo or a super charger) 3.73 gears, slip differential , long tube headers, and?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do have an automatic so I'd need (for either turbo or a super charger) 3.73 gears, slip differential , long tube headers, and?
you don't need long tube headers but they are good so your exhaust gas can release quicker than with stock
Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh okay, wish I would have gotten them put in with my duel exhaust. Plus an 8.8 rear end to my build eventually to handle the tourque and Hp. Finally in the expensive mods :/
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh okay, wish I would have gotten them put in with my duel exhaust. Plus an 8.8 rear end to my build eventually to handle the tourque and Hp. Finally in the expensive mods :/
haha well you get what you pay for!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang