Any Clutch Recommendations? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Any Clutch Recommendations?

Looking for a new clutch for my 2000 v6. I have 138k miles on the original clutch. The throw-out bearing is making a strange noise when i start the car up. What do you guys have on your v6? How do you like it? How is the grip? How does the pedal feel? Thanks guys, im new to the forum
Joey2000srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2000srs View Post
Looking for a new clutch for my 2000 v6. I have 138k miles on the original clutch. The throw-out bearing is making a strange noise when i start the car up. What do you guys have on your v6? How do you like it? How is the grip? How does the pedal feel? Thanks guys, im new to the forum
All depends what you have done to the engine what you want from it down the road if nothing big then I say just get a stock replacement clutch no need for stage clutches. And get the throw out bearing replaced ASAP mine gave out and was torn to pieces ill post a pic later on of it.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I recently did the Spec stage 2 clutch kit and Spec Steel flywheel and am very happy. Good driveability, great feel, and good grip. Only thing I would do different is spending the extra couple bucks for the aluminum flywheel. In fact im going to end up buying that one and swapping em out anyway.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post

All depends what you have done to the engine what you want from it down the road if nothing big then I say just get a stock replacement clutch no need for stage clutches. And get the throw out bearing replaced ASAP mine gave out and was torn to pieces ill post a pic later on of it.
Just a CAI for the engine, other mods are listed on my profile. I want a good griping clutch but i still want to be able to park normal, and not struggle
Joey2000srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Stage 1 spec clutch and if you have the money aluminum fly wheel and a ford racing throw out barring.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang