Question about wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Question about wheels

I'm looking at a set of Cragars for my 95, I'm thinking 15x8 in the front and 15x10 in the back, the set I'm looking at have 4" backspacing front and back, would thhat cause any fitment issues on rotors or anything? And with those sizes, do you think it would set the wheels flush with the fenders in the front and back or should I look at 7" in the front and 9" in the back with a 4" backspacing?
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

anybody? lol
Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
So I was reading that you will have to remove the quad shock so I am sticking with 9
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah I wouldn't go past 9" in the back otherwise you will need spacers, also I'm not sure about the 4" backspacing might not work out. If you stick with 7" in the front the fender should line up, because of your body style your wheels will stick out a little in the front with 8" or wider.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Also if you plan on lowering it like I do then there is no point in going 10.5
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I don't plan to lower it, I'm going to replace all the shocks/springs, struts, and UCA's and LCA's. But I'm going to stay at stock height, at least in the rear, might go with a tad lower in the front and stance it. But I'm mainly worried about the rears sitting flush or even a few millimeters outside the rear fender, I'm going for that classic hotrod/muscle look.

The wheels are cragar soft 8's, they're pretty cheap but I like the look of them, they're old school drag style.

Anyone know what the stock backspacing and offset is for sn95? Or what tolerances their are with them? I've never bought new wheels, and not the specific ones I want, so I'm not sure...always just ended up with sets of wheels in trades lol

Thanks for the info so far!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Also, the 9" and 10"s I was looking at for the rear are deep dish, they have the same backspacing as the fronts but they have a deep outside lip.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your rear wheels should be flush with the quarter panels, I can't say for sure though with the type of wheels you are talking about they might be out a little bit more than normal Mustang wheels.

I've actually thought about doing a wheel setup like this on my 2000 without lowering it to get that old school hot rod look. Post some pics of it when you get it done.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ill get some pics for sure, I'm gonna check around a few places and make certain that the wheels will fit, should be buying them this time next month
Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Those wheels I was looking at, after some more checking, will not work, at least without spacers.. they'll rub the calipers. I don't trust spacers, especially with how I drive. So no cragar soft 8s for my stang

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang