stupid question. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
stupid question.

I believe I already know the answer here but figured id pose it to fellow owners. I want more power than my V6 currently offers. Can you get noticible hp and acceleration gains with upgrades or would it be more cost efficent to sell it and by gt or better? I already am replacing exhaust, but was wondering if that and few other upgrades would be noticible or am I better off upgrading car? Not looking to break records. Just want some pep.
JeremyMc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Full tune up, CAI/tuner combo, exhaust. Or you could swap the intake manifold from a windstar van. That would wake up your car a bit. Other than that you can go super or turbo but then that wouldn't be cost efficient. That's all I know for sure.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Gears is pretty much the biggest bang for your buck, average costs around $500 total and makes a huge difference in acceleration.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Was going to do cai when I did the exhaust, then possibly ignition coil, then was ginna buy 3:73 gears and tuner from AM. After that I think I am pretty much done.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Sell the car and upgrade... Having owned a 2002 V6 for 10 years. If I had known what I know now, I would have sold it 2 years after buying it.
slonison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Depends what your in it for, if you wanna be in the "mustang crowd" go v8 and argue about who's v8 is faster, but if you want to be different keep the v6, I love people asking to race and when they hear its a v6 and I beat them the look on their face is priceless, with a few mods you can easily keep up with the GTs, remember they only have about 45 more hp stock, you can get there easily, it takes a good plan to do, but you'll be happy you did
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Im replacing my stock exhaust with x pipe and duals out of nessecity. Am probably doing cai at same time. After that what would you recomend
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227 View Post
Depends what your in it for, if you wanna be in the "mustang crowd" go v8 and argue about who's v8 is faster, but if you want to be different keep the v6, I love people asking to race and when they hear its a v6 and I beat them the look on their face is priceless, with a few mods you can easily keep up with the GTs, remember they only have about 45 more hp stock, you can get there easily, it takes a good plan to do, but you'll be happy you did
what are you beating in a v6?

as for that hp difference...it's a bit more then 45 lol...to the crank try 70 and a butt load more torque. i will say also stock for stock it's two completely different track cars. my '04 v6 stock did a flat 16 after practice...my '04 GT stock did a 14.4 without a 3rd gear. in the end it's all personal preference and what you want for the car. as for a few mods to keep up with a GT maybe you're referring to 94-95 GTs

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyMc77 View Post
Im replacing my stock exhaust with x pipe and duals out of nessecity. Am probably doing cai at same time. After that what would you recomend
i'd skip the CAI and save for gears and a tune if you're really gonna put money into your car.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i'd skip the CAI and save for gears and a tune if you're really gonna put money into your car.
YeH, CAI is mainly for looks no noticeable power gains
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The only tail lights I've seen in my v6 is a S2000 and other GTs. And not by much
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
The only tail lights I've seen in my v6 is a S2000 and other GTs. And not by much
i find both of those 100% hard to believe after racing plenty of both...the s2k was the only honda i really had issues with at the track...they can stick side by side with 2v GT's no issues at all. i love v6's but lets be realistic

Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

what are you beating in a v6?

as for that hp difference...it's a bit more then 45 lol...to the crank try 70 and a butt load more torque. i will say also stock for stock it's two completely different track cars. my '04 v6 stock did a flat 16 after practice...my '04 GT stock did a 14.4 without a 3rd gear. in the end it's all personal preference and what you want for the car. as for a few mods to keep up with a GT maybe you're referring to 94-95 GTs
Yeah a bunch more torque, and torque is what really matters. My f250 only had a couple hundred horsepower, but the ~400ft lbs of torque from the 7.3L made that thing move!

As for the hp difference, NE GT is 265hp - v6 190-193hp
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Yeah a bunch more torque, and torque is what really matters. My f250 only had a couple hundred horsepower, but the ~400ft lbs of torque from the 7.3L made that thing move!

As for the hp difference, NE GT is 265hp - v6 190-193hp
yep it's a night and day difference...the only reason i'm rolling in a sixxer again is due to having such a low mileage car now lol. However once i finish paying off my wheel's i'm gonna go grab up another v8

Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
When im done building this one im going to put more effort into finding either an 87-93, or 03-04 gt.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang