oil on throttle body? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
oil on throttle body?

So my car cranks up but turns off after i turn it on, i replaced my idle air control already, and i just recently checked the throttle body sensor and when i opened it, there was oil in it, could this be my problem?
Berry_Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Yes, it does happen. The oil is being pulled up through the p.c.v. and contaminating the intake.You could try the fix of using an oil separator from home depot.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Yes, it does happen. The oil is being pulled up through the p.c.v. and contaminating the intake.You could try the fix of using an oil separator from home depot.
Ok, now I'm try to get to my fuel injectors, how hard is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry_Eggo View Post
Ok, now I'm try to get to my fuel injectors, how hard is that?
Why do you need to get to the fuel injectors?
All you need to do is take off the cold air intake and upper intake. the shiny chrome thing is the fuel rail. I would not disconnect a direct fuel source because of oil problems.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why do you need to get to the fuel injectors?
All you need to do is take off the cold air intake and upper intake. the shiny chrome thing is the fuel rail. I would not disconnect a direct fuel source because of oil problems.
No i know that, but my fuel injector got pulled out because i was using a cherry picker to put new mounts on my car but i didn't know that we weren't suppose to do that and well it disconnected it and now i have to take it off
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You can leave the fuel rail on the lower intake. Change the motor mounts one side at the time. Disconnect the main nut on the motor mount. Connect the chain to a front header bolt and jack up.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can leave the fuel rail on the lower intake. Change the motor mounts one side at the time. Disconnect the main nut on the motor mount. Connect the chain to a front header bolt and jack up.
I disconnected both and lifted it up the second time to place my second mount
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry_Eggo View Post
I disconnected both and lifted it up the second time to place my second mount
Good choice. I had problems dropping my engine with both motor mounts installed. One at a time is easier.
The oil separator is a air compressor accessory. Someone had a big wright up on it years ago. Cut the p.v.c. line a few inches from the valve cover the oil separator will fit with a clamp.
I don't mind a little oil in my intake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang