I'm torn on tint. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I'm torn on tint.

I'm trying to decide on a tint level. Post pics if you have 35% or 20%. Coupes preferred. I'm trying to get a feel for what I want to go with.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
20%, you will be disappointed with 35%

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1369771040.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	840.7 KB
ID:	104289
this one has 25 percent and i love it sometimes though i wish i ha gone darker but there still very shady in the inside
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
20%, you will be disappointed with 35%
+1

I have 20% and l really like it. You can scroll through my pictures to get an idea what it looks like.

I know you'd prefer looking through coupes but 20% is 20% regardless. Color will make a difference as well. Mine has a charcoal type hue to it.

Those pictures they have on the net with the apple are pretty accurate as far as seeing in.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
Attachment 104289
this one has 25 percent and i love it sometimes though i wish i ha gone darker but there still very shady in the inside
Agreed 20% is about the same perhaps a little darker, but man I could not live without window tint.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
18%

Name:	ForumRunner_20130425_205218.png
Views:	198
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	104290
V6in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I wanna see a 35% cause that's the law in NC.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Go with the 20 without a doubt. I have 35 on my car and it just isn't dark like I want. I'm getting mine redone at 20 real soon!
Bighebs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluder4 View Post
I wanna see a 35% cause that's the law in NC.
Same law here in SC. If I do 35, I'm good. If I do 20 I risk the cops buggin me. I had one of my employees get stopped in our parking lot, the cop said he could get a ticket or rip it off on the spot. I had a good time watching ripping out his tint.

I think I still may do 20%. The ticket is only like 100 bucks, so I'm ok with paying a few of those as long as the car looks good.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

Same law here in SC. If I do 35, I'm good. If I do 20 I risk the cops buggin me. I had one of my employees get stopped in our parking lot, the cop said he could get a ticket or rip it off on the spot. I had a good time watching ripping out his tint.

I think I still may do 20%. The ticket is only like 100 bucks, so I'm ok with paying a few of those as long as the car looks good.
Yeah I think it's just stupid. My girlfriends cousin had 20 for almost a week and got two 100 dollar tickets. Tint is only worth 150 on a day 200 at most. Guess ill just go with 35 and have to live with it. But 20 isn't honestly the perfect percentage.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
South Carolina Window Tinting Laws - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Window tinting laws vary from state to state. It is always best to check with your state or locality to insure that any window tinting meets the current requirements for your locality. Failure to meet those requirements could result in failed inspections, traffic tickets or citations, fines, imprisonment and/or impounding of your vehicle.
The state of South Carolina is one of the toughest states with regards to window tinting, and enforces laws on the streets everyday. Law enforcement officers here also carry light meters/gauges that can calculate the Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT %) to determine if your tint is legal or not. South Carolina requires that not only are residents to abide by window tinting laws, but out-of-state visitors as well. That means even if your car is registered in another state, your vehicle is still expected to have legal window tint as regulated by the state of South Carolina.

With the exception of the front windshield, any window on a vehicle may be tinted with a combined film and window light transmission of no less than 27%. The film must also be non-reflective. Reflective tint film is not permitted at all, and the colors yellow, red and amber are not allowed. Front windshield tinting is becoming more and more common, and the state of South Carolina has addressed that issue as well. The windshield may be tinted only along the top of the windshield, and that strip may not fall below the AS1 line. In the event there is no AS1 line, then no window tint is allowed on the windshield at all. Window tint, also known as a sunscreening device, on the rear (back window) must also be non-reflective, and also no less than 27%. A "sunscreening device" is defined by South Carolina law as a film material or device that is designed to be used in conjunction with motor vehicle safety glazing materials for reducing the effects of the sun. If there is window tinting film on the rear (back) window, then side view mirrors must be present on the left side of the vehicle (driver's side view mirror), as well as the right side (passenger's side view mirror).

The state of South Carolina is one of the few states that also requires a certificate of compliance to be displayed on the vehicle. This certificate must be located on the inside lower right hand corner of each window that has aftermarket window tinting film installed. You do not need to display this certificate if your windows have only factory tint on them. Your certificate of compliance must list the percentage of light transmission, name of the installer along with their address and telephone number, and the date of installation. For the do-it-yourselfer, you must still display a certificate of compliance on each window. The state of South Carolina requires that all sunscreening devices sold or used in the state must include a certificate of compliance and instructions for proper installation. It is illegal to install window tint without the certificate of compliance. It is illegal to even sell window tint film that violates any of the state's regulations. The fine for the do-it-yourselfer for violating the regulations is$200 and possibly 30 days in jail. The fine for a professional window tinter selling or installing tinting film without the certificate of compliance is $1,000 and possibly 30 days of jail time.

For those who have a medical condition that may require a darker window film, a physician must sign an affidavit stating that the registered owner of the vehicle has a physical condition, or is a legal guardian of someone with a physical condition, that requires a film that would violate the state's regulations. The affidavit must be with the vehicle at all times, and updated every two years. This affidavit must be produced at the request of any law enforcement officer. If it is not readily available for inspection, the vehicle is in violation of South Carolina requirements. A driver found to be in violation of South Carolina regulations and found guilty can be fined $200 and possibly imprisoned for 30 days. A few vehicles are exempt from the previously mentioned regulations: Buses, trailers, mobile homes, multipurpose passenger vehicles, and recreational vehicles.

Also here is another article. Good Hunting.

South Carolina Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
here in TN it's 35% so i currently run 15%...soon i'll be back to 5% like my GT had. i miss my 5% lol. even when pulled over they never bring up my tint

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah same in NC with 35. I really want 20. I doubt they would ticket me for 20%
Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my grandmother run five percent on her solid black Lincoln lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
my grandmother run five percent on her solid black Lincoln lol
Your grandma is officially cooler than me......
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah same in NC with 35. I really want 20. I doubt they would ticket me for 20%
I live on NC as well. If you go darker than 35% you better have a hook up when it comes time for inspection. Inspectors are required to gauge the darkness level which costs an extra $10 on top of the normal inspection cost. Anything darker than 32% is a failure. The cops won't really mess with you in NC for 20% but make sure to have an inspector in your pocket.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah my mom has a VW big an when we bough it from the car lot it had 20% an the guy passes it for us so he should pass mine.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah my mom has a VW big an when we bough it from the car lot it had 20% an the guy passes it for us so he should pass mine.
You should be good then. I got 35% on my car only because I drive in VA a lot Andre cops in Hampton Roads are bastards when it comes to tint.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I'm glad Cali doesn't have inspections like that. We have tough laws and tough smog but there is no annual vehicle inspection.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I had 35% at one time on my car and absolutely couldn't stand it. Why pay when it's barely any different than clear glass. So I got 20% and it started to bubble so I stripped it off and got 15% lol

The first pic is 35%, the second pic is 20% and the last two pics are 15%
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2714225785.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	632.7 KB
ID:	104359   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2712469410.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	104360  

Name:	image-1124874170.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	104361   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3430748130.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	104362  

StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that 35 doesn't look much diffrent. I have no tint so mine looks terrible lol. Hopefully ill be good with 20! Car looks great by the way!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that 35 doesn't look much diffrent. I have no tint so mine looks terrible lol. Hopefully ill be good with 20! Car looks great by the way!
Thanks man!! Yeah any tint make the car look so much better. That was my very first thing I did to my car lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

must have tinted windows
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk 1 View Post
must have tinted windows
Yeah I can't Stan my bare windows. I feel exposed
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I can't Stan my bare windows. I feel exposed
I just love the feeling of waving at people and they can't see you ha!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I have to take the tint off my mustang, got busted and now lost my license because of it screw iowa it blows 1 year I lost it just because of a tint ticket I argued in court . Drive either way just boost it up so they can't catch me lol
Iowaboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post
I had 35% at one time on my car and absolutely couldn't stand it. Why pay when it's barely any different than clear glass. So I got 20% and it started to bubble so I stripped it off and got 15% lol

The first pic is 35%, the second pic is 20% and the last two pics are 15%
Your stang looks great with the dark tint.

I got a medical waiver it's pretty easy to do in Georgia
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Here this might help. South Carolina Window Tint Law One other thing, should you darken it more than allowed by law and involved in a car accident, you will get 100% of the blame.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Lol thanks bro!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:

I was thinking about doing that cause I got pulled over for it once on my other stang and had to remove it but it still didn't stop me from getting it on my black one lol. I just knew it wouldn't work around here :p I guess I could try it. Worst thing they could do is say no lmao!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol you know that waiver isn't good anymore. They passed a law a while back that outlawed the waiver bc everyone was gettin one from their local eye physician.
^ let me clarify.. this is in GA

Either way go 20% or less. I have 20% and wish I would've gone with 5% I've had mine for over a year and have never been hassled for it.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Lol you know that waiver isn't good anymore. They passed a law a while back that outlawed the waiver bc everyone was gettin one from their local eye physician.

Either way go 20% or less. I have 20% and wish I would've gone with 5% I've had mine for over a year and have never been hassled for it.
I'm exactly like you! I've had my 15% on for two years no problems and passed numerous troopers and even sat next to cops at stoplights :p if I could do it all over ago I would do 5% all the way around. Blacker the better! Once you go black you never go back!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #32
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Are you sure? I just got one at the end of 2011 paid my $10 to them. If that's the case I want my $10 back plus postage.

Also they can pull you over for illegal tint even if your from out if state. So lets say in Ohio 5% is legal, but you happen to be traveling through Georgia on your way to Florida they can write you ticket for illegal tint.

But as you said they really won't hassle you.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #33
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

Lol thanks bro!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I was thinking about doing that cause I got pulled over for it once on my other stang and had to remove it but it still didn't stop me from getting it on my black one lol. I just knew it wouldn't work around here :p I guess I could try it. Worst thing they could do is say no lmao!
Exactly what I thought. But I also had 7 eye surgeries in my left eye.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are you sure? I just got one at the end of 2011 paid my $10 to them. If that's the case I want my $10 back plus postage.

Also they can pull you over for illegal tint even if your from out if state. So lets say in Ohio 5% is legal, but you happen to be traveling through Georgia on your way to Florida they can write you ticket for illegal tint.

But as you said they really won't hassle you.
I was told that by my tint guy and an APD officer.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #35

Region: Europe
You guys got it good. Lol

Here in the UK it's illegal to do lower than 75 on front screen and 70 on front side windows. There are currently no limits for rear screen and rear side windows but that kind defeats the look folk want.
SteveRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang