Curiosity - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Curiosity

I'm curious to see if anyone else see what I see when I look at my Mustang. It is a 2004 Mustang V6 3.9 according to the Vin and the sticker in the door jamb. However as I look around at different parts I can't help but wonder if the previous owner did some modifying to this. Also makes me wonder (if i'm right about the appearance mods) if the previous owner did some modifications to preformance (other than the K&N intake and divorced dual exhaust that was on it when i bought it)

Here is what I see:

I have the side scoop from the 99-00 (according to LMR)

VS.
The side Scoop from the 01-04 (according to LMR)

The GT Hood Scoop

VS.
The Stock 03-04 V6 Hood

And my rims according to this are either the ones on the Premium or the pony package.

Now if my car has the pony package, which supposedly comes with:
GT hood scoop
Fog lights
16" powder coated chrome 5 spoke wheels
Running pony decal on the sides, below the doors.
(according to a post on allfordmustangs.com)

then my car is missing the fog lights (its has three plastic bars in the bumper where they should be) and the decal on the sides (which I know can be taken off) Which leads me to believe that the hood has been changed (makes sense with the failing paint on the hood, the side scoops have possibly been changed, possibly the rims were changed and who knows what else.

It just is starting to worry me, with the problems I have with my engine, if the previous owner did something preformance wise and didn't know wtf he was doing and screwed something up....

or am I just being ludicrous?

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Yours looks like it has the pony package. Not all got the decal. The GT hood scoop was indeed part of that package. Your side scoops are standard for 99-04. The ones you posted from LMR are gt scoops. Also ford is notorious for poor paint qualities with red and moroon from the 80's until....well its still not the greatest. That could explain your paint issue, especially if it wasnt taken care of correctly.

Mine came with the pony decals and did not have the pony package.

Could have been options someone added when buying it new. Check the VIN with Ford to be sure.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
You got aftermarket headlights in there, but i'm assuming you did this cus you didnt mention them?
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrad00 View Post
You got aftermarket headlights in there, but i'm assuming you did this cus you didnt mention them?
Yea I put the headlights on there.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang